unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Google Summer of Code Inquiry
@ 2024-03-27 23:00 Zachary Liebl
From: Zachary Liebl @ 2024-03-27 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

* Google Summer of Code Inquiry
@ 2024-04-01 15:47 Sebastian Dümcke
From: Sebastian Dümcke @ 2024-04-01 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix, guix-devel

Hello Zachary,

just wanted to chime in. Since last week I have some working code to
generate AppImages with guix pack. I was planning on tidying this up for
submission over the next weeks.
There is still work to do regarding documentation, adding options
specific to the AppImage format, building the AppImageKit runtime from
source and a lot of testing.

However, I believe that the remaining effort is around 8-10 hours. I am
happy to hand the code over to you to finish up and co-mentor (though
this patch would be my first contribution to guix) if you think this is
appropriate.

I do not wish to  discourage from contribtuting to the project, just
hoping to avoid duplicated efforts

Best
Sebastian

PS: this is also my first message sent to a mailing list, hope it makes
it through ok. Please point out any errors or breackes in netiquette