On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 05:25:35PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi Sebastian, > > Sebastian Dümcke skribis: > > > just wanted to chime in. Since last week I have some working code to > > generate AppImages with guix pack. I was planning on tidying this up > > for submission over the next weeks. > > There is still work to do regarding documentation, adding options > > specific to the AppImage format, building the AppImageKit runtime from > > source and a lot of testing. > > This is great news! Looking forward to incorporating those changes. > > > However, I believe that the remaining effort is around 8-10 hours. I > > am happy to hand the code over to you to finish up and co-mentor > > (though this patch would be my first contribution to guix) if you > > think this is appropriate. > > It does sound like it jeopardizes this specific project. In a way, > that’s a good problem to have as a project, but it does mean that > Zachary would need to look for another project (which could still be > related to ‘guix pack’). > > Thoughts? There's always the option of trying to create flatpaks using Guix. -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted