unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Reviewing KDE Plasma state on Guix System
@ 2019-06-07 10:10 Félicien Pillot
From: Félicien Pillot @ 2019-06-07 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

Hi Guix,

First, I would like to congratulate and thank you for the excellent work you are doing in the development of both Guix and this community.

Then, I'm writing today because I would be interested to have the KDE Plasma desktop running on Guix System.
I am willing to participate in its integration; I have already seen —roughly— that a good part of kde-frameworks was already packaged in the Guix depots; I also saw that some core parts for the desktop are currently missing.
Before I start a full diagnosis of the current situation, I would like to know: does someone in the team already have done so? or would perhaps be responsible for integrating the KDE packages? in short, have we now a good overview of the current situation, on where the KDE packaging process is currently at?
If there isn't any "global vision" of the state-of-the-art for the Plasma desktop yet, I would be happy to take care of it, by searching on the mailing list, testing the different parts already integrated, the necessary dependencies, the missing parts, etc. I'm a newby in Guile and Guix, so it would probably take time (and questions)

Thanks and happy hacking,
--
Félicien Pillot
2C7C ACC0 FBDB ADBA E7BC  50D9 043C D143 6C87 9372

[-- Attachment #2: Signature digitale OpenPGP --]

* Re: Reviewing KDE Plasma state on Guix System
@ 2019-09-26  8:25 Reza Alizadeh Majd
From: Reza Alizadeh Majd @ 2019-09-26  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: felicien; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

On behalf of PantherX team just wanted to mention that our bounty program is
still active for whom interested to work on `kwin` package.

Anyone interested to work on `kwin` package and provide a working version could
reach us both here on this thread or by contacting bounty@pantherx.org.

The bounty results will be published to the community and whoever does that
gets the full credit.

At the end just wanted to mention The bounty is really just a motivation that
hopefully benefits the whole community.

---
Regards
Reza Alizadeh Majd