unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Move Clojure and Femtolisp
@ 2018-11-23  9:24 Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2018-11-23  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel, Andy Patterson

Hi!

I've noticed that Femtolisp and Clojure are part of lisp.scm.
In my opinion Femtolisp should belong to scheme.scm, while Clojure
should probably end up in a separate clojure.scm file.

Thoughts?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Move Clojure and Femtolisp
@ 2018-11-23 13:30 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-11-23 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hello!

Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> skribis:

> I've noticed that Femtolisp and Clojure are part of lisp.scm.
> In my opinion Femtolisp should belong to scheme.scm, while Clojure
> should probably end up in a separate clojure.scm file.
>
> Thoughts?

No opinion here.  What do Andy Patterson and Alex Vong think?  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: Move Clojure and Femtolisp
@ 2018-11-23 14:14 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-11-23 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hello,

Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. nov.
23., P, 10:25):

> Hi!
>
> I've noticed that Femtolisp and Clojure are part of lisp.scm.
> In my opinion Femtolisp should belong to scheme.scm, while Clojure
> should probably end up in a separate clojure.scm file.
>
> Thoughts?

I have no opinion on Femtolisp.

I believe having clojure.scm would be good, as clojure packgages
really can grow in number.
It would be nice to have that in a shape where we can create a build
system for it.

> --
> Pierre Neidhardt
> https://ambrevar.xyz/

g_bor

* Re: Move Clojure and Femtolisp
@ 2018-11-23 15:06 ` Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2018-11-23 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hello Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I've noticed that Femtolisp and Clojure are part of lisp.scm.
> In my opinion Femtolisp should belong to scheme.scm, while Clojure
> should probably end up in a separate clojure.scm file.
>
> Thoughts?

For femtolisp, I think we could move it if it is indeed a scheme.

For clojure, I move it from 'java.scm' to 'lisp.scm' because it is a
lisp. But is 'lisp.scm' actually for common lisp only? In any case, I
think we would have to move it to a separate file after the # of
packages reached a certain level so we may as well move it now.

Thanks,
Alex

@ 2018-11-23 15:13   ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2018-11-23 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Vong; +Cc: Guix-devel

> For clojure, I move it from 'java.scm' to 'lisp.scm' because it is a
> lisp. But is 'lisp.scm' actually for common lisp only?

It's customary to refer to Common Lisp as "lisp" only.

All package in lisp.scm are Common Lisp packages.

Clojure is effectively a different language and won't run any of the packages in
lisp.scm.

--

@ 2018-11-23 16:41     ` Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2018-11-23 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)