unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* New German PO file for 'guix-manual' (version 0.15.0)
@ 2018-10-26 20:52 Translation Project Robot
From: Translation Project Robot @ 2018-10-26 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello, gentle maintainer.

This is a message from the Translation Project robot.

A revised PO file for textual domain 'guix-manual' has been submitted
by the German team of translators.  The file is available at:

    https://translationproject.org/latest/guix-manual/de.po

(We can arrange things so that in the future such files are automatically
e-mailed to you when they arrive.  Ask at the address below if you want this.)

All other PO files for your package are available in:

    https://translationproject.org/latest/guix-manual/

Please consider including all of these in your next release, whether
official or a pretest.

Whenever you have a new distribution with a new version number ready,
containing a newer POT file, please send the URL of that distribution
tarball to the address below.  The tarball may be just a pretest or a
snapshot, it does not even have to compile.  It is just used by the
translators when they need some extra translation context.

The following HTML page has been updated:

    https://translationproject.org/domain/guix-manual.html

If any question arises, please contact the translation coordinator.

Thank you for all your work,

                                The Translation Project robot, in the
                                name of your translation coordinator.
                                <coordinator@translationproject.org>

* Re: New German PO file for 'guix-manual' (version 0.15.0)
@ 2018-10-27  0:55 ` pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) @ 2018-10-27  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:52:11PM +0200, Translation Project Robot wrote:
> A revised PO file for textual domain 'guix-manual' has been submitted
> by the German team of translators.  The file is available at:
>
>     https://translationproject.org/latest/guix-manual/de.po

Whoopsie, that was a bit too early.  A new PO is coming soon with
minor corrections.

I’m not sure what doc/htmlxref.cnf is for, but I did this to my copy
of Guix to get the PO going, now that Julien Lepiller has paved the
way by adding PO4A:

cd ~/git/guix
guix environment guix --ad-hoc po4a

# if you do not have a po file yet:
msginit -i po/doc/guix-manual.pot -o po/doc/guix-manual.de.po -l de_DE
# (in the newly created po file, adjust the version.texi to be
#  version-de.texi, contributing.texi to be contributing-de.texi and translate
#  the table of contents)
# (adjust doc/htmlxref.cnf doc/local.mk po/doc/local.mk to list your
#  language next to the existing translations, in lexicographic order)

# then:
po4a-translate -f texinfo -m doc/guix.texi -p po/doc/guix-manual.de.po \
               -M UTF-8 -k 0 -l doc/guix.de.texi # ignore outdated warning
po4a-translate -f texinfo -m doc/contributing.texi -p po/doc/guix-manual.de.po \
               -M UTF-8 -k 0 -l doc/contributing.de.texi # ignore warning
./bootstrap
./configure
make # only needs to run past MAKEINFO; probably some of the GEN doc/os-config…
     # and po4a steps do the right thing
./bootstrap # only now bootstrap will detect that it needs guix.de.info
./configure

make doc-pot-update # if desired
make po/doc/guix-manual.de.po

rm doc/guix.de.texi
rm doc/contributing.de.texi
make doc/guix.de.info

Shall I send a patch?

Regards,
Florian

* Re: New German PO file for 'guix-manual' (version 0.15.0)
@ 2018-10-27  9:25   ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2018-10-27  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz); +Cc: guix-devel

Le Sat, 27 Oct 2018 02:55:10 +0200,
"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <pelzflorian@pelzflorian.de> a écrit :

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 10:52:11PM +0200, Translation Project Robot
> wrote:
> > A revised PO file for textual domain 'guix-manual' has been
> > submitted by the German team of translators.  The file is available
> > at:
> >
> >     https://translationproject.org/latest/guix-manual/de.po
> >

> Whoopsie, that was a bit too early.  A new PO is coming soon with
> minor corrections.
>
> I’m not sure what doc/htmlxref.cnf is for, but I did this to my copy
> of Guix to get the PO going, now that Julien Lepiller has paved the
> way by adding PO4A:
>
> cd ~/git/guix
> guix environment guix --ad-hoc po4a
>
> # if you do not have a po file yet:
> msginit -i po/doc/guix-manual.pot -o po/doc/guix-manual.de.po -l de_DE
> # (in the newly created po file, adjust the version.texi to be
> #  version-de.texi, contributing.texi to be contributing-de.texi and
> translate #  the table of contents)
> # (adjust doc/htmlxref.cnf doc/local.mk po/doc/local.mk to list your
> #  language next to the existing translations, in lexicographic order)
>
> # then:
> po4a-translate -f texinfo -m doc/guix.texi -p
> po/doc/guix-manual.de.po \ -M UTF-8 -k 0 -l doc/guix.de.texi # ignore
> outdated warning po4a-translate -f texinfo -m doc/contributing.texi
> -p po/doc/guix-manual.de.po \ -M UTF-8 -k 0 -l
> doc/contributing.de.texi # ignore warning ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> make # only needs to run past MAKEINFO; probably some of the GEN
> doc/os-config… # and po4a steps do the right thing
> ./bootstrap # only now bootstrap will detect that it needs
> guix.de.info ./configure
>
> make doc-pot-update # if desired
> make po/doc/guix-manual.de.po
>
> rm doc/guix.de.texi
> rm doc/contributing.de.texi
> make doc/guix.de.info
>
> Shall I send a patch?

I think your patch will be too big for this mailing list. I'll take care
of adding your translation once you send a new version you're happy
with. Thank you for all your work!

@ 2018-11-01  8:37 Translation Project Robot