unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-12 23:00 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-07-12 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

Apparently SourceForge did a massive URL change, *and*, for extra fun,
failing mirrors return 200 instead of 404.

At first sight we need at least the mirror URL update in commit
cd4c41fdcf469524161fbbec58c2756f36bcef56.

But that’s not enough.  It seems that URLs now have the form:

  /PACKAGE/PACKAGE/VERSION/PACKAGE-VERSION.tar.gz

so for we have things like:

  http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/detox/detox/1.2.0/detox-1.2.0.tar.bz2
  http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/netcat/netcat/0.7.1/netcat-0.7.1.tar.bz2

Apparently some of the URLs we use are fine, such as smartmontools.

Others seem to be gone, such as clusterssh.

As a first step, commit bfcb3d767bbc24dc6c6d834619073351fbcc61b5
improves ‘guix lint’ to report suspiciously small responses:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix lint clusterssh
gnu/packages/admin.scm:702:2: clusterssh-3.28: URI http://sourceforge.net/projects/clusterssh/ returned suspiciously small file (174 bytes)
gnu/packages/admin.scm:705:12: clusterssh-3.28: all the source URIs are unreachable:
gnu/packages/admin.scm:702:2: clusterssh-3.28: URI http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/clusterssh/clusterssh-3.28.tar.gz returned suspiciously small file (639 bytes)
gnu/packages/admin.scm:702:2: clusterssh-3.28: URI http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/clusterssh/clusterssh-3.28.tar.gz returned suspiciously small file (639 bytes)
gnu/packages/admin.scm:702:2: clusterssh-3.28: URI http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/clusterssh/clusterssh-3.28.tar.gz returned suspiciously small file (639 bytes)
…

Then we could fix individually things like netcat, detox, and others,
but it’s not clear to me whether it’s a systematic change or not.

Would anyone like to investigate?  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-12 23:37 ` Alex Griffin
From: Alex Griffin @ 2016-07-12 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016, at 06:00 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Apparently SourceForge did a massive URL change, *and*, for extra fun,
> failing mirrors return 200 instead of 404.
>
> [...]
>
> Would anyone like to investigate?  :-)

Their Twitter feed[1] says that they're investigating issues at the
moment, so it's possible that all we need to do is wait.
--
Alex Griffin

[1]: https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-13 10:16   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-07-13 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Griffin; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

Alex Griffin <a@ajgrf.com> skribis:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016, at 06:00 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Apparently SourceForge did a massive URL change, *and*, for extra fun,
>> failing mirrors return 200 instead of 404.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Would anyone like to investigate?  :-)
>
> Their Twitter feed[1] says that they're investigating issues at the
> moment, so it's possible that all we need to do is wait.

OK, we’ll see.

@ 2016-07-15 15:28     ` Alex Griffin
From: Alex Griffin @ 2016-07-15 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016, at 05:16 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Alex Griffin <a@ajgrf.com> skribis:
> > Their Twitter feed[1] says that they're investigating issues at the
> > moment, so it's possible that all we need to do is wait.
>
> OK, we’ll see.

So it has been a few days now, and it looks like I was probably wrong.
I'm a little baffled that I couldn't find any other free software
communities talking about this either, since I would have guessed a
disruptive change like this would have affected other distros that
automate source downloads (like NixOS, Arch Linux, Gentoo, etc.)
--
Alex Griffin

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-15 17:58       ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-07-15 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Griffin; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:28:13AM -0500, Alex Griffin wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016, at 05:16 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > Alex Griffin <a@ajgrf.com> skribis:
> > > Their Twitter feed[1] says that they're investigating issues at the
> > > moment, so it's possible that all we need to do is wait.
> >
> > OK, we’ll see.
>
> So it has been a few days now, and it looks like I was probably wrong.
> I'm a little baffled that I couldn't find any other free software
> communities talking about this either, since I would have guessed a
> disruptive change like this would have affected other distros that
> automate source downloads (like NixOS, Arch Linux, Gentoo, etc.)

I contacted SourceForge to ask about this. They said that they did have
an outage that lasted for ~23 hours but that, otherwise, there has been
no change to the URLs from which they serve things.

Is anyone still noticing problems on our end? If so, can you give some
details that I can pass on to SourceForge?

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-15 18:15         ` Alex Griffin
From: Alex Griffin @ 2016-07-15 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016, at 12:58 PM, Leo Famulari wrote:
> I contacted SourceForge to ask about this. They said that they did have
> an outage that lasted for ~23 hours but that, otherwise, there has been
> no change to the URLs from which they serve things.
>
> Is anyone still noticing problems on our end? If so, can you give some
> details that I can pass on to SourceForge?

I haven't done a whole lot of testing, but as an example I've run into
problems when trying to update wesnoth for example. I can download the
source from the web interface or from a new URL, but the old URL we used
is broken now.

So this used to work, but doesn't any more:

    https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.12.5.tar.bz2

Now it has to be:

    https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.12/wesnoth-1.12.5/wesnoth-1.12.5.tar.bz2

--
Alex Griffin

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-16  2:58 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-07-16  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 01:00:50AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Apparently SourceForge did a massive URL change, *and*, for extra fun,
> failing mirrors return 200 instead of 404.

They are returning 404 again.

Alex Kost helpfully provided a Guile script to return all packages that
download from SourceForge (attached).

I passed the script's output to `guix lint -c source`, and the packages
listed below failed the test.

I replied to SourceForge with more detail about the changes we've
observed, and I gave them the list of packages as well. It's surprising
that they claim that nothing has changed.

I can begin updating the URLs. It will be a good chance to stretch my
Guile a little bit. But, feel free to beat me to it :)

aalib-1.4rc5
acpi-1.7
aegis-4.24
alsa-modular-synth-2.1.2
argtable-2.13
asciidoc-8.6.9
atlas-3.10.2
audacity-2.1.0
avidemux-2.6.12
boost-1.60.0
bridge-utils-1.5
clusterssh-3.28
dblatex-0.3.5
detox-1.2.0
dfu-programmer-0.7.2
djvulibre-3.5.27
docbook-xsl-1.78.1
dtach-0.9
extundelete-0.2.4
faad2-2.7
fluxbox-1.3.7
font-dejavu-2.34
font-wqy-zenhei-0.9.45
giflib-5.1.4
glew-1.11.0
glm-0.9.6.3
gmtp-1.3.10
gnucash-2.6.12
gphoto2-2.5.2
gts-0.7.6
guitarix-0.35.0
hdparm-9.45
hplip-3.16.3
hunspell-1.3.3
hyphen-2.8.8
ifstatus-1.1.0
imlib2-1.4.9
lcms-2.6
lcov-1.12
libavc1394-0.5.4
libbs2b-3.1.0
libcddb-1.3.2
libdv-1.0.0
libexif-0.6.21
libgphoto2-2.5.2
liblo-0.28
libmcrypt-2.5.8
libmhash-0.9.9.9
libmng-2.0.3
libmtp-1.1.11
libmwaw-0.3.5
libquvi-0.4.1
libquvi-scripts-0.4.21
librevenge-0.0.2
libtirpc-0.2.4
libungif-4.1.4
libwpd-0.10.0
libwpg-0.3.0
libwps-0.4.0
libxmp-4.3.10
lirc-0.9.4
matio-1.5.6
mcrypt-2.6.8
mingetty-1.08
mpg123-1.22.4
mpg321-0.3.1
msmtp-1.6.4
mythes-1.2.4
netcat-0.7.1
nload-0.7.4
openjpeg-2.1.0
perltidy-20160302
podofo-0.9.3
potrace-1.13
pwgen-2.07
python2-matplotlib-1.4.3
python2-numpy-1.10.4
python2-pyparsing-2.0.3
python2-s3cmd-1.6.1
python2-scipy-0.16.0
python2-xlib-0.14
python-matplotlib-1.4.3
python-numpy-1.10.4
python-pyparsing-2.0.3
python-scipy-0.16.0
qpdf-5.1.3
qsynth-0.4.1
quvi-0.4.2
rdesktop-1.8.3
rseqc-2.6.1
samtools-1.3.1
scons-2.3.4
scrollkeeper-0.3.14
sox-14.4.2
squashfs-tools-4.3
stalonetray-0.8.1
strace-4.7
subread-1.4.6-p2
swig-3.0.5
synthv1-0.7.5
tcllib-1.18
tclxml-3.2
thinkfan-0.9.3
timidity++-2.14.0
tinyxml-2.6.2
twolame-0.3.13
w3m-0.5.3
wcalc-2.5
wesnoth-1.12.5
xaos-3.6
xclip-0.12
xmp-4.0.10
xosd-2.2.14
xournal-0.4.8

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-16  3:00   ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-07-16  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:58:00PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> Alex Kost helpfully provided a Guile script to return all packages that
> download from SourceForge (attached).

As always, I forgot to attach it.

[-- Attachment #2: paste_781793 --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 928 bytes --]

(use-modules
 (ice-9 regex)
 (ice-9 format)
 (srfi srfi-2)
 (gnu packages)
 (guix packages))

;; (define sourceforge-uri-rx (make-regexp "mirror://sourceforge"))
(define sourceforge-uri-rx (make-regexp "sourceforge"))

(define (sourceforge-package? package)
  (and-let* ((source (package-source package))
             (uri (origin-uri source)))
    (and (string? uri)
         (regexp-exec sourceforge-uri-rx uri))))

(define sourceforge-packages
  (fold-packages (lambda (pkg res)
                   (if (sourceforge-package? pkg)
                       (cons pkg res)
                       res))
                 '()))

(define (display-sourceforge-packages)
  (for-each (lambda (pkg)
            (format #t "~a@~a:~/~a~%"
                    (package-name pkg)
                    (package-version pkg)
                    (origin-uri (package-source pkg))))
          sourceforge-packages))

@ 2016-07-16 12:17           ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-07-16 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Griffin; +Cc: guix-devel

Alex Griffin <a@ajgrf.com> skribis:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016, at 12:58 PM, Leo Famulari wrote:
>> I contacted SourceForge to ask about this. They said that they did have
>> an outage that lasted for ~23 hours but that, otherwise, there has been
>> no change to the URLs from which they serve things.
>>
>> Is anyone still noticing problems on our end? If so, can you give some
>> details that I can pass on to SourceForge?
>
> I haven't done a whole lot of testing, but as an example I've run into
> problems when trying to update wesnoth for example. I can download the
> source from the web interface or from a new URL, but the old URL we used
> is broken now.
>
> So this used to work, but doesn't any more:
>
>     https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.12.5.tar.bz2
>
> Now it has to be:
>
>     https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/wesnoth/wesnoth-1.12/wesnoth-1.12.5/wesnoth-1.12.5.tar.bz2

Right, and before that, it was “/sourceforge” instead of “/project” (see

@ 2016-07-17 20:58   ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-07-17 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:58:00PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> I can begin updating the URLs. It will be a good chance to stretch my
> Guile a little bit. But, feel free to beat me to it :)

There is just enough variety in the new URLs that I don't know how to
approach it programmatically. So, I'm doing it by hand, which is not
much fun. Please help :)

I've attached the list of bad packages, which includes the ones I've
done so far. If you want to fix some of them, please pick a section of
the alphabet and reply to claim it, so we don't duplicate effort.

[-- Attachment #2: bad-list --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2060 bytes --]

avidemux-2.6.12
dtach-0.9
fluxbox-1.3.7
libdv-1.0.0
libquvi-0.4.1
libquvi-scripts-0.4.21
quvi-0.4.2
rdesktop-1.8.3
stalonetray-0.8.1
swig-3.0.5
tcllib-1.18
tclxml-3.2
tinyxml-2.6.2
w3m-0.5.3
xclip-0.12
xosd-2.2.14
XXX aalib-1.4rc5
XXX acpi-1.7
XXX aegis-4.24
XXX alsa-modular-synth-2.1.2
XXX argtable-2.13
XXX asciidoc-8.6.9
XXX atlas-3.10.2
XXX audacity-2.1.0
XXX boost-1.60.0
XXX bridge-utils-1.5
XXX clusterssh-3.28
XXX dblatex-0.3.5
XXX detox-1.2.0
XXX dfu-programmer-0.7.2
XXX djvulibre-3.5.27
XXX docbook-xsl-1.78.1
XXX extundelete-0.2.4
XXX faad2-2.7
XXX font-dejavu-2.34
XXX font-wqy-zenhei-0.9.45
XXX giflib-5.1.4
XXX glew-1.11.0
XXX glm-0.9.6.3
XXX gmtp-1.3.10
XXX gnucash-2.6.12
XXX gphoto2-2.5.2
XXX gts-0.7.6
XXX guitarix-0.35.0
XXX hdparm-9.45
XXX hplip-3.16.3
XXX hunspell-1.3.3
XXX hyphen-2.8.8
XXX ifstatus-1.1.0
XXX imlib2-1.4.9
XXX lcms-2.6
XXX lcov-1.12
XXX libavc1394-0.5.4
XXX libbs2b-3.1.0
XXX libcddb-1.3.2
XXX libexif-0.6.21
XXX libgphoto2-2.5.2
XXX liblo-0.28
XXX libmcrypt-2.5.8
XXX libmhash-0.9.9.9
XXX libmng-2.0.3
XXX libmtp-1.1.11
XXX libmwaw-0.3.5
XXX librevenge-0.0.2
XXX libtirpc-0.2.4
XXX libungif-4.1.4
XXX libwpd-0.10.0
XXX libwpg-0.3.0
XXX libwps-0.4.0
XXX libxmp-4.3.10
XXX lirc-0.9.4
XXX matio-1.5.6
XXX mcrypt-2.6.8
XXX mingetty-1.08
XXX mpg123-1.22.4
XXX mpg321-0.3.1
XXX msmtp-1.6.4
XXX mythes-1.2.4
XXX netcat-0.7.1
XXX nload-0.7.4
XXX openjpeg-2.1.0
XXX perltidy-20160302
XXX podofo-0.9.3
XXX potrace-1.13
XXX pwgen-2.07
XXX python2-matplotlib-1.4.3
XXX python2-numpy-1.10.4
XXX python2-pyparsing-2.0.3
XXX python2-s3cmd-1.6.1
XXX python2-scipy-0.16.0
XXX python2-xlib-0.14
XXX python-matplotlib-1.4.3
XXX python-numpy-1.10.4
XXX python-pyparsing-2.0.3
XXX python-scipy-0.16.0
XXX qpdf-5.1.3
XXX qsynth-0.4.1
XXX rseqc-2.6.1
XXX samtools-1.3.1
XXX scons-2.3.4
XXX scrollkeeper-0.3.14
XXX sox-14.4.2
XXX squashfs-tools-4.3
XXX strace-4.7
XXX subread-1.4.6-p2
XXX synthv1-0.7.5
XXX thinkfan-0.9.3
XXX timidity++-2.14.0
XXX twolame-0.3.13
XXX wcalc-2.5
XXX wesnoth-1.12.5
XXX xaos-3.6
XXX xmp-4.0.10
XXX xournal-0.4.8

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-17 21:40     ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2016-07-17 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:58:00PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
>> I can begin updating the URLs. It will be a good chance to stretch my
>> Guile a little bit. But, feel free to beat me to it :)
>
> There is just enough variety in the new URLs that I don't know how to
> approach it programmatically. So, I'm doing it by hand, which is not
> much fun. Please help :)

I read claims on the #guix IRC channel that the URLs appear to change
over time.  Has this been confirmed yet?  It would be sad if you or
others waste time on changing the URLs only to have them change yet
again.

~~ Ricardo

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-17 21:50       ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-07-17 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 11:40:24PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> I read claims on the #guix IRC channel that the URLs appear to change
> over time.  Has this been confirmed yet?  It would be sad if you or
> others waste time on changing the URLs only to have them change yet
> again.

I claim that claim ;)

I think I was mistaken.

Our requests were being redirected from HTTP -> HTTPS, so I changed the
mirror URLs to use HTTPS, and then forgot I'd made that change. [0]

Between tests with `curl`, `guix download`, and `guix lint --checker
source`, I became confused and made that claim.

But, things started to work when I reverted the mirror URL change and
began updating the various package source URLs.

Hopefully SourceForge does not change the URLs again. That would be
extremely annoying.

[0] This redirection only seems to occur for "bad" URLs.

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-18 18:30     ` Alex Griffin
From: Alex Griffin @ 2016-07-18 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey Leo,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016, at 03:58 PM, Leo Famulari wrote:
> I've attached the list of bad packages, which includes the ones I've
> done so far. If you want to fix some of them, please pick a section of
> the alphabet and reply to claim it, so we don't duplicate effort.

I'll start by claiming Q-Z, and maybe I can do more than that depending
on how things go.
--
Alex Griffin

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-18 22:21       ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-07-18 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Griffin; +Cc: guix-devel

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 01:30:47PM -0500, Alex Griffin wrote:
> I'll start by claiming Q-Z, and maybe I can do more than that depending
> on how things go.

Thank you!

I'll do A-F next.

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-21 14:33   ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-07-21 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:58:00PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> I can begin updating the URLs.

The attached patch updates the URLs for the failing Sourceforge
packages, A-P.

Alex, how is Q-Z coming along? I can finish it quickly later today if
you haven't started yet.

[-- Attachment #2: 0001-gnu-Update-URLs-for-sourceforge.net-A-P.patch --]
[-- Type: text/x-diff, Size: 54622 bytes --]

From 201895c39f12de62be1cf13cb720a8719ced78ff Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 02:35:30 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Update URLs for sourceforge.net [A-P].

* gnu/packages/admin.scm: Update URLs pointing to sourceforge.net.
* gnu/packages/audacity.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/audio.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/boost.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/cdrom.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/code.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/cups.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/djvu.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/docbook.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/documentation.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/flashing-tools.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/fonts.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/fontutils.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/ghostscript.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/gl.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/gnucash.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/graphviz.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/image.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/libusb.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/linux.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/lirc.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/maths.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/mcrypt.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/mp3.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/networking.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/onc-rpc.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/password-utils.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/pdf.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/perl.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/photo.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/popt.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/python.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/rdesktop.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/screen.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/swig.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/tcl.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/version-control.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/video.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/w3m.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/web.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/wm.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm: Likewise.
* gnu/packages/xml.scm: Likewise.
---
 gnu/packages/admin.scm           | 15 ++++++++-------
 gnu/packages/audacity.scm        |  5 ++---
 gnu/packages/audio.scm           | 24 +++++++++++-------------
 gnu/packages/boost.scm           |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/cdrom.scm           |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/code.scm            |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/cups.scm            |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/djvu.scm            |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/docbook.scm         |  7 ++++---
 gnu/packages/documentation.scm   |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/flashing-tools.scm  |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/fonts.scm           |  5 +++--
 gnu/packages/fontutils.scm       |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/ghostscript.scm     |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/gl.scm              |  6 ++----
 gnu/packages/gnucash.scm         |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/graphviz.scm        |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/image.scm           | 26 +++++++++++++-------------
 gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm     | 23 ++++++++++++-----------
 gnu/packages/libusb.scm          |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/linux.scm           | 15 ++++++++-------
 gnu/packages/lirc.scm            |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/maths.scm           | 10 +++++-----
 gnu/packages/mcrypt.scm          | 13 ++++++-------
 gnu/packages/mp3.scm             |  6 +++---
 gnu/packages/networking.scm      |  7 ++++---
 gnu/packages/onc-rpc.scm         |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/password-utils.scm  |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/pdf.scm             |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/perl.scm            |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/photo.scm           | 12 ++++++------
 gnu/packages/popt.scm            |  3 ++-
 gnu/packages/python.scm          | 16 ++++++++++------
 gnu/packages/rdesktop.scm        |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/screen.scm          |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/swig.scm            |  5 +++--
 gnu/packages/tcl.scm             |  8 ++++----
 gnu/packages/version-control.scm |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/video.scm           | 11 ++++++-----
 gnu/packages/w3m.scm             |  5 +++--
 gnu/packages/web.scm             |  9 ++++++---
 gnu/packages/wm.scm              |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm         |  7 ++++---
 gnu/packages/xml.scm             |  3 ++-

diff --git a/gnu/packages/admin.scm b/gnu/packages/admin.scm
index 1d08be9..a7c4892 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/admin.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/admin.scm
@@ -346,8 +346,8 @@ login, passwd, su, groupadd, and useradd.")
     (version "1.08")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mingetty/mingetty-"
-                                 version ".tar.gz"))
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mingetty/mingetty/"
+                                 version "/mingetty-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "05yxrp44ky2kg6qknk1ih0kvwkgbn9fbz77r3vci7agslh5wjm8g"))))
@@ -440,8 +440,8 @@ ONC RPC numbers.")
     (version "0.7.1")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/netcat/netcat-"
-                                 version ".tar.bz2"))
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/netcat/netcat/" version
+                                 "/netcat-" version ".tar.bz2"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "1frjcdkhkpzk0f84hx6hmw5l0ynpmji8vcbaxg8h5k2svyxz0nmm"))))
@@ -705,7 +705,8 @@ by bandwidth they use.")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/clusterssh/"
-                                  "clusterssh-" version ".tar.gz"))
+                                  "1.%20ClusterSSH%20Series%203/" version
+                                  "/clusterssh-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1bwggpvaj2al5blg1ynapviv2kpydffpzq2zkhi81najnvzc1rr7"))))
@@ -1112,8 +1113,8 @@ system is under heavy load.")
     (version "1.2.0")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/detox/detox-"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/detox/detox/" version
+                                  "/detox-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1y6vvjqsg54kl49cry73jbfhr04s7wjs779vrr9zrq6kww7dkymb"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/audacity.scm b/gnu/packages/audacity.scm
index 9eae6aa..0f9554d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/audacity.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/audacity.scm
@@ -42,9 +42,8 @@
     (source
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
-       (uri
-        (string-append
-         "mirror://sourceforge/audacity/audacity-minsrc-" version ".tar.xz"))
+       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/audacity/audacity/" version
+                           "/audacity-minsrc-" version ".tar.xz"))
        (sha256
         (base32 "1cs2w3fwqylpqmfwkvlgdx5lhclpckfil7pqibl37qlbnf4qvndh"))
        (patches (search-patches "audacity-fix-ffmpeg-binding.patch"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/audio.scm b/gnu/packages/audio.scm
index 144d732..158008d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/audio.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/audio.scm
@@ -75,8 +75,8 @@
     (version "2.1.2")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/alsamodular/ams-"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/alsamodular/alsamodular"
+                                  "/" version "/ams-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1azbrhpfk4nnybr7kgmc7w6al6xnzppg853vas8gmkh185kk11l0"))))
@@ -766,8 +766,8 @@ also play midifiles using a Soundfont.")
     (version "2.7")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/faac/faad2-" version ".zip"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/faac/faad2-src/faad2-"
+                                  version "/faad2-" version ".zip"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "16f3l16c00sg0wkrkm3vzv0gy3g97x309vw788igs0cap2x1ak3z"))))
@@ -868,7 +868,7 @@ patches that can be used with softsynths such as Timidity and WildMidi.")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
              (uri (string-append
-                   "mirror://sourceforge/guitarix/guitarix2-"
+                   "mirror://sourceforge/guitarix/guitarix/guitarix2-"
                    version ".tar.xz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
@@ -1230,8 +1230,8 @@ connections between them.")
     (version "3.1.0")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/bs2b/libbs2b-" version ".tar.lzma"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/bs2b/libbs2b/" version
+                                  "/libbs2b-" version ".tar.lzma"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1mcc4gjkmphczjybnsrip3gq1f974knzys7x49bv197xk3fn8wdr"))))
@@ -1253,10 +1253,8 @@ essential distortions.")
     (version "0.28")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append
-                   "mirror://sourceforge/liblo/liblo-"
-                   version
-                   ".tar.gz"))
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/liblo/liblo/" version
+                                 "/liblo-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "02drgnpirvl2ihvzgsmn02agr5sj3vipzzw9vma56qlkgfvak56s"))))
@@ -1892,7 +1890,7 @@ surround and reverb.")
     (version "4.3.10")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/xmp/libxmp/"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/xmp/libxmp/" version "/"
                                   name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
@@ -1912,7 +1910,7 @@ Scream Tracker 3 (S3M), Fast Tracker II (XM), and Impulse Tracker (IT).")
     (version "4.0.10")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/xmp/xmp/"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/xmp/xmp/" version "/"
                                   name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
diff --git a/gnu/packages/boost.scm b/gnu/packages/boost.scm
index 0a644e8..bb123d3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/boost.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/boost.scm
@@ -38,7 +38,7 @@
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/boost/boost_"
+                    "mirror://sourceforge/boost/boost/" version "/boost_"
                     (string-map (lambda (x) (if (eq? x #\.) #\_ x)) version)
                     ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
diff --git a/gnu/packages/cdrom.scm b/gnu/packages/cdrom.scm
index 2dd84a2..4263cde 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/cdrom.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/cdrom.scm
@@ -51,8 +51,8 @@
     (version "1.3.2")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libcddb/libcddb-"
-                                 version ".tar.bz2"))
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libcddb/libcddb/" version
+                                 "/libcddb-" version ".tar.bz2"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "0fr21a7vprdyy1bq6s99m0x420c9jm5fipsd63pqv8qyfkhhxkim"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/code.scm b/gnu/packages/code.scm
index c3efd15..233e803 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/code.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/code.scm
@@ -287,8 +287,8 @@ stack traces.")
     (version "1.12")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/ltp/lcov-"
-                                  version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/ltp/Coverage%20Analysis"
+                                  "/LCOV-" version "/lcov-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "19wfifdpxxivhq9adbphanjfga9bg9spms9v7c3589wndjff8x5l"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/cups.scm b/gnu/packages/cups.scm
index 8437170..c47117b 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/cups.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/cups.scm
@@ -309,8 +309,8 @@ device-specific programs to convert and print many types of files.")
     (version "3.16.3")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/hplip/"
-                                  "hplip-" version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/hplip/hplip/" version
+                                  "/hplip-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1501qdnkjp1ybgagy5188fmf6cgmj5555ygjl3543nlbwcp31lj2"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/djvu.scm b/gnu/packages/djvu.scm
index 47a7616..e739df3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/djvu.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/djvu.scm
@@ -28,8 +28,8 @@
     (version "3.5.27")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/djvu/djvulibre-"
-                                  version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/djvu/DjVuLibre/"
+                                  version "/djvulibre-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "0psh3zl9dj4n4r3lx25390nx34xz0bg0ql48zdskhq354ljni5p6"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/docbook.scm b/gnu/packages/docbook.scm
index b8a8ba6..3d18d45 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/docbook.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/docbook.scm
@@ -135,8 +135,8 @@ by no means limited to these applications.)  This package provides XML DTDs.")
     (version "1.78.1")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/docbook/docbook-xsl-"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/docbook/docbook-xsl/"
+                                  version "/docbook-xsl-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "0rxl013ncmz1n6ymk2idvx3hix9pdabk8xn01cpcv32wmfb753y9"))))
@@ -176,7 +176,8 @@ by no means limited to these applications.)  This package provides XML DTDs.")
     (version "0.3.5")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/dblatex/dblatex-"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/dblatex/dblatex/"
+                                  "dblatex-" version "/dblatex-"
                                   version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
diff --git a/gnu/packages/documentation.scm b/gnu/packages/documentation.scm
index 8302cc4..cdb5261 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/documentation.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/documentation.scm
@@ -43,8 +43,8 @@
     (version "8.6.9")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/asciidoc/asciidoc-"
-                                  version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/asciidoc/asciidoc/"
+                                  version "/asciidoc-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1w71nk527lq504njmaf0vzr93pgahkgzzxzglrq6bay8cw2rvnvq"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/flashing-tools.scm b/gnu/packages/flashing-tools.scm
index e3f8d80..d0c164e 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/flashing-tools.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/flashing-tools.scm
@@ -114,8 +114,8 @@ technique (ISP).")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/dfu-programmer/dfu-programmer-"
-                          version ".tar.gz"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/dfu-programmer/dfu-programmer/"
+                          version "/dfu-programmer-" version ".tar.gz"))
       (sha256
        (base32
         "15gr99y1z9vbvhrkd25zqhnzhg6zjmaam3vfjzf2mazd39mx7d0x"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/fonts.scm b/gnu/packages/fonts.scm
index 09fda21..76af2de 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/fonts.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/fonts.scm
@@ -129,7 +129,7 @@ TrueType (TTF) files.")
     (version "2.34")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/dejavu/"
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/dejavu/dejavu/"
                                  version "/dejavu-fonts-ttf-"
                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
              (sha256
@@ -476,7 +476,8 @@ text in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/wqy/wqy-zenhei-"
+                    "mirror://sourceforge/wqy/wqy-zenhei/" version
+                    "%20%28Fighting-state%20RC1%29/wqy-zenhei-"
                     version ".tar.gz"))
               (file-name (string-append "wqy-zenhei-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
diff --git a/gnu/packages/fontutils.scm b/gnu/packages/fontutils.scm
index 73ce685..845e8b3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/fontutils.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/fontutils.scm
@@ -397,8 +397,8 @@ and returns a sequence of positioned glyphids from the font.")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/potrace/potrace-"
-                          version ".tar.gz"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/potrace/" version
+                          "/potrace-" version ".tar.gz"))
       (sha256
        (base32
         "115p2vgyq7p2mf4nidk2x3aa341nvv2v8ml056vbji36df5l6lk2"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/ghostscript.scm b/gnu/packages/ghostscript.scm
index 0a65813..ff5a6a0 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/ghostscript.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/ghostscript.scm
@@ -41,8 +41,8 @@
    (version "2.6")
    (source (origin
             (method url-fetch)
-            (uri (string-append
-                  "mirror://sourceforge/lcms/lcms2-" version ".tar.gz"))
+            (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/lcms/lcms/" version
+                                "/lcms2-" version ".tar.gz"))
             (sha256 (base32
                      "1c8lgq8gfs3nyplvbx9k8wzfj6r2bqi3f611vb1m8z3476454wji"))))
    (build-system gnu-build-system)
diff --git a/gnu/packages/gl.scm b/gnu/packages/gl.scm
index 7fa79bb..4638ea8 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/gl.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/gl.scm
@@ -358,10 +358,8 @@ glxgears, glxheads, and glxinfo.")
     (version "1.11.0")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/glew/glew-"
-                    version
-                    ".tgz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/glew/glew/" version
+                                  "/glew-" version ".tgz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1mhkllxz49l1x680dmzrv2i82qjrq017sykah3xc90f2d8qcxfv9"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/gnucash.scm b/gnu/packages/gnucash.scm
index eaa84cc..bdef0b1 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/gnucash.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/gnucash.scm
@@ -46,8 +46,8 @@
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gnucash/gnucash-"
-                          version ".tar.bz2"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gnucash/gnucash%20%28stable%29/"
+                          version "/gnucash-" version ".tar.bz2"))
       (sha256
        (base32
         "0x84f07p30pwhriamv8ifljgw755cj87rc12jy1xddf47spyj7rp"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/graphviz.scm b/gnu/packages/graphviz.scm
index e4b9094..610bd16 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/graphviz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/graphviz.scm
@@ -119,8 +119,8 @@ interfaces for other technical domains.")
     (version "0.7.6")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gts/gts-"
-                                 version ".tar.gz"))
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gts/gts/" version
+                                 "/gts-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "07mqx09jxh8cv9753y2d2jsv7wp8vjmrd7zcfpbrddz3wc9kx705"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/image.scm b/gnu/packages/image.scm
index 0ab3f60..015236e 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/image.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/image.scm
@@ -332,8 +332,8 @@ work.")
       (origin
         (method url-fetch)
         (uri
-         (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/openjpeg.mirror/" name "-"
-                        version ".tar.gz"))
+         (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/openjpeg.mirror/" version "/"
+                        name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
         (sha256
          (base32 "00zzm303zvv4ijzancrsb1cqbph3pgz0nky92k9qx3fq9y0vnchj"))
         (patches (search-patches "openjpeg-use-after-free-fix.patch"
@@ -369,8 +369,8 @@ error-resilience, a Java-viewer for j2k-images, ...")
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
        (uri
-        (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/openjpeg.mirror/" name "-"
-                       version ".tar.gz"))
+        (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/openjpeg.mirror/" version "/"
+                       name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
        (sha256
         (base32 "1c2xc3nl2mg511b63rk7hrckmy14681p1m44mzw3n1fyqnjm0b0z"))
        (patches (search-patches "openjpeg-use-after-free-fix.patch"
@@ -384,8 +384,8 @@ error-resilience, a Java-viewer for j2k-images, ...")
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
        (uri
-        (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/openjpeg.mirror/" name "-"
-                       version ".tar.gz"))
+        (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/openjpeg.mirror/" version "/"
+                       name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
        (sha256
         (base32 "11waq9w215zvzxrpv40afyd18qf79mxc28fda80bm3ax98cpppqm"))))))

@@ -396,8 +396,7 @@ error-resilience, a Java-viewer for j2k-images, ...")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/giflib/giflib-"
-                                  (first (string-split version #\.))
-                                  ".x/giflib-" version ".tar.bz2"))
+                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1md83dip8rf29y40cm5r7nn19705f54iraz6545zhwa6y8zyq9yz"))))
@@ -443,7 +442,8 @@ compose, and analyze GIF images.")
     (version "4.1.4")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/giflib/libungif-"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/giflib/libungif-4.x/"
+                                  "libungif-" version "/libungif-"
                                   version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
@@ -463,8 +463,8 @@ compose, and analyze GIF images.")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/enlightenment/imlib2-"
-                    version ".tar.bz2"))
+                    "mirror://sourceforge/enlightenment/imlib2-src/" version
+                    "/imlib2-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "08809xxk2555yj6glixzw9a0x3x8cx55imd89kj3r0h152bn8a3x"))))
@@ -663,8 +663,8 @@ channels.")
     (version "2.0.3")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libmng/"
-                                  name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libmng-devel/" version
+                                  "/" name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1lvxnpds0vcf0lil6ia2036ghqlbl740c4d2sz0q5g6l93fjyija"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm b/gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm
index 18606f9..8f4a6c9 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm
@@ -127,7 +127,7 @@ CSV, CSS and XML.")
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libwpd/" name "/" name "-"
-                          version ".tar.xz"))
+                          version "/" name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
       (sha256 (base32
                "03ygxyb0vfjv8raif5q62sl33b54wkr5rzgadb8slijm6k281wpn"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
@@ -158,8 +158,8 @@ spreadsheets and presentations.")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libwpd/" name "/" name "-"
-                          version ".tar.xz"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
+                          name "-" version "/" name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
       (sha256 (base32
                "0b6krzr6kxzm89g6bapn805kdayq70hn16n5b5wfs2lwrf0ag2wx"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
@@ -220,8 +220,8 @@ ZVR (simple compressed text format).")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libwpg/" name "/" name "-"
-                          version ".tar.xz"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
+                          name "-" version "/" name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
       (sha256 (base32
                "097jx8a638fwwfrzf6v29r1yhc34rq9526py7wf0ck2z4fcr2w3g"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
@@ -576,8 +576,8 @@ text documents, vector drawings, presentations and spreadsheets.")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
-                          name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/" name "-"
+                          version "/" name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
       (sha256 (base32
                "1vx9h419fcfcs0yj071hsg9d2qvkacgca6052m8hv3h743cdmzil"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
@@ -607,7 +607,7 @@ spreadsheet documents.")
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
-                          name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
+                          name "-" version "/" name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
       (sha256 (base32
                "0nlrdk7di015l0sk0ivjdqs86zdcvf73p9z9s9ry5glyhrknzxjk"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
@@ -635,7 +635,7 @@ Works word processor file format.")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/"
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/Hunspell/" version "/"
                           name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
       (sha256 (base32
                "0v14ff9s37vkh45diaddndcrj0hmn67arh8xh8k79q9c1vgc1cm7"))))
@@ -655,7 +655,8 @@ word compounding or character encoding.")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/hunspell/"
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/hunspell/Hyphen/"
+                          (version-major+minor version) "/"
                           name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
       (sha256 (base32
                "01ap9pr6zzzbp4ky0vy7i1983fwyqy27pl0ld55s30fdxka3ciih"))))
@@ -676,7 +677,7 @@ patterns, which are pre-processed by a perl script.")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/hunspell/"
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/hunspell/MyThes/" version "/"
                           name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
       (sha256 (base32
                "0prh19wy1c74kmzkkavm9qslk99gz8h8wmjvwzjc6lf8v2az708y"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/libusb.scm b/gnu/packages/libusb.scm
index 1f659c7..0071f4f 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/libusb.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/libusb.scm
@@ -138,7 +138,7 @@ version of libusb to run with newer libusb.")
     (version "1.1.11")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libmtp/" version
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libmtp/libmtp/" version
                                  "/libmtp-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
@@ -174,7 +174,7 @@ proposed for standardization.")
     (version "1.3.10")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gmtp/" version
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gmtp/gMTP-" version
                                   "/gmtp-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
diff --git a/gnu/packages/linux.scm b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
index 291ae0b..c9dd5e3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/linux.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
@@ -709,7 +709,8 @@ from the e2fsprogs package.  It is meant to be used in initrds.")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/extundelete/"
-                                  version "/extundelete-" version ".tar.bz2"))
+                                  "extundelete/" version "/extundelete-"
+                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1x0r7ylxlp9lbj3d7sqf6j2a222dwy2nfpff05jd6mkh4ihxvyd1"))))
@@ -1100,8 +1101,8 @@ Linux-based operating systems.")
     (version "1.5")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/bridge/bridge-utils-"
-                                 version ".tar.gz"))
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/bridge/bridge/"
+                                 "bridge-utils-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "12367cwqmi0yqphi6j8rkx97q8hw52yq2fx4k0xfclkcizxybya2"))))
@@ -2082,7 +2083,7 @@ thanks to the use of namespaces.")
     (version "9.45")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
                                   name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
@@ -2135,8 +2136,8 @@ WLAN, Bluetooth and mobile broadband.")
     (version "1.7")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/acpiclient/"
-                                  name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/acpiclient/acpiclient/"
+                                  version "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "01ahldvf0gc29dmbd5zi4rrnrw2i1ajnf30sx2vyaski3jv099fp"))))
@@ -2276,7 +2277,7 @@ protocol in question.")
     (version "0.5.4")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libavc1394/"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libavc1394/libavc1394/"
                                   name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
diff --git a/gnu/packages/lirc.scm b/gnu/packages/lirc.scm
index 6b1eee3..e3f60e3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/lirc.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/lirc.scm
@@ -35,8 +35,8 @@
     (version "0.9.4")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/lirc/lirc-"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/lirc/LIRC/" version
+                                  "/lirc-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1l2xzhnm4hrla51ik09hcafki0y8wnww7svfm7j63zbl2rssc66x"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/maths.scm b/gnu/packages/maths.scm
index 7b5b2ab..444b788 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/maths.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/maths.scm
@@ -2013,8 +2013,8 @@ packages.")
     (version "3.10.2")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/math-atlas/atlas"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/math-atlas/Stable/"
+                                  version "/atlas" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "0bqh4bdnjdyww4mcpg6kn0x7338mfqbdgysn97dzrwwb26di7ars"))))
@@ -2143,8 +2143,8 @@ Failure to do so will result in a library with poor performance.")
     (source
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/ogl-math/glm-"
-                          version ".zip"))
+       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/ogl-math/glm-" version
+                           "/glm-" version ".zip"))
        (sha256
         (base32
          "1cnjmi033a16a95v6xfkr1bvfmkd26hzdjka8j1819hgn5b1nr8l"))))
@@ -2531,7 +2531,7 @@ structured and unstructured grid problems.")))
     (source
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
-       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/matio/" version "/"
+       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/matio/matio/" version "/"
                            "matio-" version ".tar.gz"))
        (sha256
         (base32
diff --git a/gnu/packages/mcrypt.scm b/gnu/packages/mcrypt.scm
index 7ac0b92..fb55293 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/mcrypt.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/mcrypt.scm
@@ -33,8 +33,8 @@
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mcrypt/mcrypt-"
-                          version ".tar.gz"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mcrypt/MCrypt/"
+                          version "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
       (sha256
        (base32
         "161031n1w9pb4yzz9i47szc12a4mwpcpvyxnvafsik2l9s2aliai"))
@@ -66,8 +66,8 @@ them.")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mcrypt/libmcrypt-"
-                          version ".tar.gz"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mcrypt/Libmcrypt/" version
+                          "/libmcrypt-" version ".tar.gz"))
       (sha256
        (base32
         "0gipgb939vy9m66d3k8il98rvvwczyaw2ixr8yn6icds9c3nrsz4"))))
@@ -89,9 +89,8 @@ XTEA, 3WAY, TWOFISH, BLOWFISH, ARCFOUR, WAKE and more.")
     (source
      (origin
       (method url-fetch)
-
-      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mhash/mhash-"
-                          version ".tar.bz2"))
+      (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mhash/mhash/" version
+                          "/mhash-" version ".tar.bz2"))
       (sha256
        (base32
         "1w7yiljan8gf1ibiypi6hm3r363imm3sxl1j8hapjdq3m591qljn"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/mp3.scm b/gnu/packages/mp3.scm
index 8451f0a..37407cd 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/mp3.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/mp3.scm
@@ -290,8 +290,8 @@ This package contains the binary.")
     (version "1.22.4")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mpg123/mpg123-"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mpg123/mpg123/" version
+                                  "/mpg123-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1lj0xv0b6sgqsbhx10dg60cnzgz98i76gxy51kqh11hka0pf0sah"))))
@@ -314,7 +314,7 @@ command-line tool as well as a C library, libmpg123.")
     (version "0.3.1")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mpg321/"
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/mpg321/mpg321/"
                                  version "/mpg321-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
diff --git a/gnu/packages/networking.scm b/gnu/packages/networking.scm
index 9e4f7bb..b92ad0a 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/networking.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/networking.scm
@@ -232,7 +232,8 @@ Ethernet devices.")
     (version "1.1.0")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/ifstatus/ifstatus-v"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/ifstatus/ifstatus/"
+                                  "ifstatus%20v" version "/ifstatus-v"
                                   version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
@@ -271,8 +272,8 @@ intended as a substitute for the PPPStatus and EthStatus projects.")
     (version "0.7.4")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/nload/nload-"
-                                  version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/nload/nload/" version
+                                  "/nload-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1rb9skch2kgqzigf19x8bzk211jdfjfdkrcvaqyj89jy2pkm3h61"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/onc-rpc.scm b/gnu/packages/onc-rpc.scm
index 8861b0e..d9b2f9d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/onc-rpc.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/onc-rpc.scm
@@ -28,7 +28,7 @@
     (version "0.2.4")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libtirpc/"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libtirpc/libtirpc/"
                                   version "/libtirpc-"
                                   version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
diff --git a/gnu/packages/password-utils.scm b/gnu/packages/password-utils.scm
index 1579821..a03214a 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/password-utils.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/password-utils.scm
@@ -53,8 +53,8 @@
     (source
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
-       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/pwgen/pwgen-"
-                           version ".tar.gz"))
+       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/pwgen/pwgen/" version
+                           "/pwgen-" version ".tar.gz"))
        (sha256
         (base32 "0mhmw700kkh238fzivcwnwi94bj9f3h36yfh3k3j2v19b0zmjx7b"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
diff --git a/gnu/packages/pdf.scm b/gnu/packages/pdf.scm
index 36d3985..91a196d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/pdf.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/pdf.scm
@@ -415,8 +415,8 @@ interaction.")
     (version "0.9.3")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/podofo/podofo-"
-                                  version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/podofo/podofo/" version
+                                  "/podofo-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1n12lbq9x15vqn7dc0hsccp56l5jdff1xrhvlfqlbklxx0qiw9pc"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/perl.scm b/gnu/packages/perl.scm
index aed2a61..f42abee 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/perl.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/perl.scm
@@ -6075,8 +6075,8 @@ as exceptions to standard program flow.")
     (version "20160302")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/perltidy/Perl-Tidy-"
-                                  version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/perltidy/" version
+                                  "/Perl-Tidy-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "19yw63yh5s3pq7k3nkw6nsamg5b8vvwyhgbizslgxg0mqgc4xl3d"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/photo.scm b/gnu/packages/photo.scm
index 38bd9c3..8eb5337 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/photo.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/photo.scm
@@ -73,8 +73,8 @@ cameras (CRW/CR2, NEF, RAF, DNG, and others).")
     (version "0.6.21")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libexif/libexif-"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/libexif/libexif/"
+                                  version "/libexif-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "06nlsibr3ylfwp28w8f5466l6drgrnydgxrm4jmxzrmk5svaxk8n"))))
@@ -92,8 +92,8 @@ data as produced by digital cameras.")
     (version "2.5.2")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gphoto/libgphoto2-"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gphoto/libgphoto/"
+                                  version "/libgphoto2-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "0f1818l1vs5fbmrihzyv3qasddbqi3r01jik5crrxddwalsi2bd3"))))
@@ -122,8 +122,8 @@ from digital cameras.")
     (version "2.5.2")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gphoto/gphoto2-"
-                                  version ".tar.bz2"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/gphoto/gphoto/" version
+                                  "/gphoto2-" version ".tar.bz2"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "16c8k1cxfypg7v5h8xi87grclw7a5ayaamn548ys3zkj727r5fcf"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/popt.scm b/gnu/packages/popt.scm
index e940df1..3200873 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/popt.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/popt.scm
@@ -32,7 +32,8 @@
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/argtable/argtable"
+                    "mirror://sourceforge/argtable/argtable/"
+                    "argtable-" version "/argtable"
                     (string-join (string-split version #\.) "-")
                     ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
diff --git a/gnu/packages/python.scm b/gnu/packages/python.scm
index 2dba8bb..48e47d5 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/python.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/python.scm
@@ -3020,7 +3020,7 @@ writing C extensions for Python as easy as Python itself.")
     (source
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
-       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/numpy"
+       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/numpy/NumPy/" version
                            "/numpy-" version ".tar.gz"))
        (sha256
         (base32
@@ -3183,7 +3183,8 @@ association studies (GWAS) on extremely large data sets.")
     (source
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
-       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/pyparsing"
+       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/pyparsing/pyparsing"
+                           "/pyparsing-" version
                            "/pyparsing-" version ".tar.gz"))
        (sha256
         (base32
@@ -3304,7 +3305,8 @@ transcendental functions).")
     (source
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
-       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/matplotlib"
+       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/matplotlib/matplotlib"
+                           "/matplotlib-" version
                            "/matplotlib-" version ".tar.gz"))
        (sha256
         (base32
@@ -3514,7 +3516,8 @@ functions.")
     (source
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
-       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/scipy"
+; http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/scipy/scipy/0.16.1/scipy-0.16.1.tar.gz
+       (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/scipy/scipy/" version
                            "/scipy-" version ".tar.xz"))
        (sha256
         (base32
@@ -4893,7 +4896,8 @@ as possible in order to be comprehensible and easily extensible.")
     (version "0.14")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/python-xlib/"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/python-xlib/python-xlib"
+                                  "/" version "/"
                                   "python-xlib-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
@@ -8719,7 +8723,7 @@ the same purpose: to provide Python bindings for libmagic.")
     (source
       (origin
         (method url-fetch)
-        (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/s3tools/"
+        (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/s3tools/s3cmd/" version "/"
                             "s3cmd-" version ".tar.gz"))
         (sha256
           (base32
diff --git a/gnu/packages/rdesktop.scm b/gnu/packages/rdesktop.scm
index 39a45c5..e40852b 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/rdesktop.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/rdesktop.scm
@@ -31,8 +31,8 @@
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/rdesktop/rdesktop-"
-                    version ".tar.gz"))
+                    "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/" version "/"
+                    name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1r7c1rjmw2xzq8fw0scyb453gy9z19774z1z8ldmzzsfndb03cl8"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/screen.scm b/gnu/packages/screen.scm
index e3f97f4..8c90082 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/screen.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/screen.scm
@@ -70,8 +70,8 @@ view to show two terminals at once.")
     (version "0.9")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/dtach/dtach-"
-                                  version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
+                                  version "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1wwj2hlngi8qn2pisvhyfxxs8gyqjlgrrv5lz91w8ly54dlzvs9j"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/swig.scm b/gnu/packages/swig.scm
index 273d0c4..01137d8 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/swig.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/swig.scm
@@ -35,8 +35,9 @@
     (version "3.0.5")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/swig/swig-"
-                                 version ".tar.gz"))
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
+                                 name "-" version "/"
+                                 name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "0g1a69vrqxgsnr1wkx851ljn73a2x3jqzxa66s2l3w0kyblbjk4z"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/tcl.scm b/gnu/packages/tcl.scm
index 9938423..4cd9429 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/tcl.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/tcl.scm
@@ -227,8 +227,8 @@ interfaces (GUIs) in the Tcl language.")
     (version "1.18")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/"
-                                  name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
+                                  version "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "05dmrk9qsryah2n17z6z85dj9l9lfyvnsd7faw0p9bs1pp5pwrkj"))))
@@ -252,8 +252,8 @@ utility functions and modules all written in high-level Tcl.")
     (version "3.2")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/"
-                                  name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/TclXML/"
+                                  version "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "0ffb4aw63inig3aql33g4pk0kjk14dv238anp1scwjdjh1k6n4gl"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/version-control.scm b/gnu/packages/version-control.scm
index 61560d5..58bcaad 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/version-control.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/version-control.scm
@@ -935,8 +935,8 @@ accessed and migrated on modern systems.")
     (version "4.24")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/aegis/aegis-"
-                                  version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/aegis/aegis/" version
+                                  "/aegis-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "18s86ssarfmc4l17gbpzybca29m5wa37cbaimdji8czlcry3mcjl"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/video.scm b/gnu/packages/video.scm
index eb0fdba..d36400c 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/video.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/video.scm
@@ -90,8 +90,8 @@
     (version "1.4rc5")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/aa-project/"
-                                  name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/aa-project/aa-lib/"
+                                  version "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1vkh19gb76agvh4h87ysbrgy82hrw88lnsvhynjf4vng629dmpgv"))))
@@ -308,7 +308,8 @@ streams.")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/libdv/libdv-" version ".tar.gz"))
+                    "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
+                    version "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "1fl96f2xh2slkv1i1ix7kqk576a0ak1d33cylm0mbhm96d0761d3"))))
@@ -1094,8 +1095,8 @@ for use with HTML5 video.")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
              (uri (string-append
-                   "mirror://sourceforge/avidemux/avidemux_"
-                   version ".tar.gz"))
+                   "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/" version "/"
+                   name "_" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "0nz52yih8sff53inndkh2dba759xjzsh4b8xjww419lcpk0qp6kn"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/w3m.scm b/gnu/packages/w3m.scm
index 42141fb..e7dd583 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/w3m.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/w3m.scm
@@ -37,8 +37,9 @@
     (version "0.5.3")
     (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
-             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/w3m/w3m-"
-                                 version ".tar.gz"))
+             (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/"
+                                 name "-" version "/"
+                                 name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "1qx9f0kprf92r1wxl3sacykla0g04qsi0idypzz24b7xy9ix5579"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/web.scm b/gnu/packages/web.scm
index 5502a0f..4a52422 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/web.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/web.scm
@@ -636,7 +636,8 @@ of people.")
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
        (uri (string-append
-             "mirror://sourceforge/quvi/libquvi-scripts-" version ".tar.xz"))
+             "mirror://sourceforge/quvi/" (version-major+minor version) "/"
+             name "/" name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
        (sha256
         (base32 "0d0giry6bb57pnidymvdl7i5x9bq3ljk3g4bs294hcr5mj3cq0kw"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
@@ -654,7 +655,8 @@ parse media stream properties.")
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
        (uri (string-append
-             "mirror://sourceforge/quvi/libquvi-" version ".tar.xz"))
+             "mirror://sourceforge/quvi/" (version-major+minor version) "/" name "/"
+             name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
        (sha256
         (base32 "00x9gbmzc5cns0gnfag0hsphcr3cb33vbbb9s7ppvvd6bxz2z1mm"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
@@ -687,7 +689,8 @@ URLs and extracting their actual media files.")
      (origin
        (method url-fetch)
        (uri (string-append
-             "mirror://sourceforge/quvi/quvi-" version ".tar.xz"))
+             "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/"  (version-major+minor version)
+             "/" name "/" name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
        (sha256
         (base32 "09lhl6dv5zpryasx7yjslfrcdcqlsbwapvd5lg7w6sm5x5n3k8ci"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
diff --git a/gnu/packages/wm.scm b/gnu/packages/wm.scm
index 790c74b..2cc9f44 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/wm.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/wm.scm
@@ -336,7 +336,7 @@ drags, snap-to-border support, and virtual desktops.")
     (synopsis "Small and fast window manager")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/fluxbox/"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/fluxbox/fluxbox/"
                                   version "/fluxbox-" version ".tar.xz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
diff --git a/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm b/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
index 0e16f6b..54545a8 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
@@ -108,7 +108,8 @@ program.")
       (origin
         (method url-fetch)
         (uri (string-append
-              "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
+              "mirror://sourceforge/" name "/" name "/" version "/"
+              name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
         (sha256
           (base32
            "0ibcf46rldnv0r424qcnai1fa5iq3lm5q5rdd7snsi5sb78gmixp"))))
@@ -584,8 +585,8 @@ X Window System.")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append
-                    "mirror://sourceforge/libxosd/xosd-"
-                    version ".tar.gz"))
+                    "mirror://sourceforge/libxosd/libxosd/xosd-" version "/"
+                    name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
               (sha256
                (base32
                 "025m7ha89q29swkc7s38knnbn8ysl24g2h5s7imfxflm91psj7sg"))))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/xml.scm b/gnu/packages/xml.scm
index 6d91e1a..af597b8 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/xml.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/xml.scm
@@ -693,7 +693,8 @@ UTF-8 and UTF-16 encoding.")
     (version "2.6.2")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
-              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/tinyxml/tinyxml_"
+              (uri (string-append "mirror://sourceforge/tinyxml/tinyxml/"
+                                  version "/tinyxml_"

@ 2016-07-21 15:32     ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2016-07-21 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Leo,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:33:53AM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> The attached patch updates the URLs for the failing Sourceforge
> packages, A-P.

I do not think this kind of trivial patch (trivial in complexity, not in
the amount of work required!) does not warrant a review, you may simply push.

Thanks a lot for this big effort!

Andreas

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-21 16:34       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-07-21 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> skribis:

> Hello Leo,
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:33:53AM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
>> The attached patch updates the URLs for the failing Sourceforge
>> packages, A-P.
>
> I do not think this kind of trivial patch (trivial in complexity, not in
> the amount of work required!) does not warrant a review, you may simply push.
>
> Thanks a lot for this big effort!

+1

@ 2016-07-21 20:41     ` Alex Griffin
From: Alex Griffin @ 2016-07-21 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016, at 09:33 AM, Leo Famulari wrote:
> Alex, how is Q-Z coming along? I can finish it quickly later today if
> you haven't started yet.

I apologize, I haven't started it yet... So go ahead if you want to
finish it up, else I can still do it tomorrow when I will have time for
it again.
--
Alex Griffin

* Re: SourceForge URLs changed
@ 2016-07-21 22:13       ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-07-21 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Griffin; +Cc: guix-devel

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 03:41:50PM -0500, Alex Griffin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016, at 09:33 AM, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > Alex, how is Q-Z coming along? I can finish it quickly later today if
> > you haven't started yet.
>
> I apologize, I haven't started it yet... So go ahead if you want to
> finish it up, else I can still do it tomorrow when I will have time for
> it again.

No big deal! Once I got to 'P', I had figured out how to do it
relatively quickly. So, I just fixed all the bad packages, from A-Z.

Please let me know if I missed anything!