unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* GNU and GSoC
@ 2024-02-23  7:38 Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2024-02-23  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits
  Cc: Arun Isaac, shahsarthakw, Guix Devel, Efraim Flashner

The GNU project is a GSoC org again. Last year Sarthak did a great job
working on parameterization of Guix. It works, and you can try the
code. See

=> https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2023/parameterized-packages-for-gnu-guix/
=> https://blog.lispy.tech/

For this year GNU can propose projects again. We should suggest Guix,
Mes and Hurd projects in the coming two weeks. Ping Gábor, Sarthak,
Arun, Efraim or me if you are interested in co-mentoring an effort.

Note that GSoC is competitive for orgs, mentors and students. It
requires effort, but anyone who participates can attest it is
rewarding. I have been doing this for more than 10 years. It is a
great programme.

Pj.