unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Re: 23/36: gnu: Add libkdepim.
       [not found] ` <20200203134603.BDAB420A10@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2020-02-04 22:29   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-02-04 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Goebel; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi Hartmut,

Congrats on all the KDE packages!  This must get us close to full
coverage of the core of KDE, no?

> +    (synopsis "Libraries for common kdepim apps")
> +    (description "Libraries for common kdepim apps.")

I know it’s no fun, but could you try to follow the guidelines for
synopses and descriptions at:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Synopses-and-Descriptions.html

(Some of the packages look fine, others not so much.)

Anyhow, great work, thank you!

Ludo’.

* Re: 23/36: gnu: Add libkdepim.
@ 2020-02-05  9:31     ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2020-02-05  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel

Am 04.02.20 um 23:29 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
> This must get us close to full coverage of the core of KDE, no?

Well, nor t yet. I have yet another approx. 100 packages hanging around.

>> +    (synopsis "Libraries for common kdepim apps")
>> +    (description "Libraries for common kdepim apps.")
> I know it’s no fun, but could you try to follow the guidelines for
> synopses and descriptions at:

Whet exactly is your point? I assume it is that summary and description
are quite meaningless. I agree on this.

I'm afraid, there is nothing to say about some of these packages. They
are used by KDE PIM only, there is no Readme and no description. Debian
also does not provide more infos.

The only change which makes sense IMHO is to add something like  "This
library is used by KDE PIM" to the description. (Or change the
description to only state this.)

WDYT?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

* Re: 23/36: gnu: Add libkdepim.
@ 2020-02-07 20:47       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-02-07 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Goebel; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi,

Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com> skribis:

> Am 04.02.20 um 23:29 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>> This must get us close to full coverage of the core of KDE, no?
>
> Well, nor t yet. I have yet another approx. 100 packages hanging around.

Woow.

>>> +    (synopsis "Libraries for common kdepim apps")
>>> +    (description "Libraries for common kdepim apps.")
>> I know it’s no fun, but could you try to follow the guidelines for
>> synopses and descriptions at:
>
> Whet exactly is your point?

I should have been more specific: could you try to expound a bit the
descriptions and write full sentences?  I understand it’s going to be
difficult if upstream doesn’t bother to provide a README, so it’ll
clearly be best effort, no problem!

Ludo’.

* Re: 23/36: gnu: Add libkdepim.
@ 2020-03-02  9:17         ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2020-03-02  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hi Ludo,
> I should have been more specific: could you try to expound a bit the
> descriptions and write full sentences?  I understand it’s going to be
> difficult if upstream doesn’t bother to provide a README, so it’ll
> clearly be best effort, no problem!

I updates the ugly ones, see
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39856>

(And I learned that Debian has improved the descriptions quite a lot
compared to two years ago - this was when I generated the package
descriptions I'm now working on. So I will have a look at the Debian
description for further packages.)