* Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
@ 2014-05-27 21:34 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-05-27 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user, guile-devel; +Cc: Andy Wingo, Mark H Weaver

Hello Guilers,

I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
with Andy and myself.

Mark has been doing excellent work on Guile for several years,
tirelessly looking for improvements, fearlessly treading into scary
places like psyntax and I/O ports, so I’m glad to have him officially
on board now.

Welcome, Mark!  :-)

Ludo’.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
@ 2014-05-27 22:12 ` David Thompson
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: David Thompson @ 2014-05-27 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, guile-user, guile-devel; +Cc: Andy Wingo, Mark H Weaver

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello Guilers,
>
> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.
>
> Mark has been doing excellent work on Guile for several years,
> tirelessly looking for improvements, fearlessly treading into scary
> places like psyntax and I/O ports, so I’m glad to have him officially
> on board now.
>
> Welcome, Mark!  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

Awesome news!

Mark has helped me understand Guile concepts and improve myself as a
programmer on numerous occasions since I first joined #guile about 2
years ago.  I wouldn't be the avid Guiler that I am today without him.

Congrats, Mark!

- Dave

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
@ 2014-05-28  3:24 ` Nala Ginrut
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2014-05-28  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Andy Wingo, guile-user, guile-devel

On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 23:34 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello Guilers,
>
> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.
>
> Mark has been doing excellent work on Guile for several years,
> tirelessly looking for improvements, fearlessly treading into scary
> places like psyntax and I/O ports, so I’m glad to have him officially
> on board now.
>
> Welcome, Mark!  :-)

Congrats Mark! I've learned so much from you! ;-)

> Ludo’.

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
@ 2014-05-28  3:38 ` David Pirotte
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: David Pirotte @ 2014-05-28  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Andy Wingo, guile-user, guile-devel

Le Tue, 27 May 2014 23:34:32 +0200,
ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) a écrit :

> Hello Guilers,
>
> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.
>
> Mark has been doing excellent work on Guile for several years,
> tirelessly looking for improvements, fearlessly treading into scary
> places like psyntax and I/O ports, so I’m glad to have him officially
> on board now.
>
> Welcome, Mark!  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

Awesome news indeed!
Congrat Mark!

David

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
@ 2014-05-28  4:06   ` Noah Lavine
From: Noah Lavine @ 2014-05-28  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Pirotte

I have only been a lurker for a while now, but I've seen how much excellent
work Mark has put into Guile. This is a very well-deserved honor.
Congratulations!

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:38 PM, David Pirotte <david@altosw.be> wrote:

> Le Tue, 27 May 2014 23:34:32 +0200,
> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) a écrit :
>
> > Hello Guilers,
> >
> > I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> > appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> > with Andy and myself.
> >
> > Mark has been doing excellent work on Guile for several years,
> > tirelessly looking for improvements, fearlessly treading into scary
> > places like psyntax and I/O ports, so I’m glad to have him officially
> > on board now.
> >
> > Welcome, Mark!  :-)
> >
> > Ludo’.
>
> Awesome news indeed!
> Congrat Mark!
>
> David

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-05-28  7:20 ` Javier Sancho
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Javier Sancho @ 2014-05-28  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

El 27/05/14 23:34, Ludovic Courtès escribió:
> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.

Well! I was convinced that Mark was already a Guile co-maintainer.

Congrats!

--
Javier Sancho Fernández - http://www.jsancho.org/
Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation - http://www.fsf.org/

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
@ 2014-05-28 13:26   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-05-28 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Javier Sancho <jsf@jsancho.org> skribis:

> El 27/05/14 23:34, Ludovic Courtès escribió:
>> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
>> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
>> with Andy and myself.
>
> Well! I was convinced that Mark was already a Guile co-maintainer.

It’s fair to say that he was, in practice.  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-05-28 18:32 ` Mark H Weaver
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2014-05-28 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Andy Wingo, guile-user, guile-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.

Thank you all for the kind words and warm welcome.  I believe that Guile
is a tremendously important project, not so much because of where it is
today, but because of its future potential and its special role in the
GNU project as a whole.  It's also a lot of fun to work on, not least of
all because of the talented and friendly community of hackers around it.

Although I had a few decades of experience before getting involved here,
I sincerely feel that I've learned a great deal from this community,
both technically and socially.  I'm grateful to Andy and Ludovic for
inviting me into this role of co-maintainer, a role for which both of
them are exceptionally well suited, whereas I still have much to learn.

Anyway, it's been a fun ride, and I think there are exciting times ahead
for Guile.  Thank you all for being a part of that :)

     Mark

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-05-28 20:18 ` Sjoerd van Leent
From: Sjoerd van Leent @ 2014-05-28 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

I am happy that the Guile community and the GNU project have another
maintainer at their side, Hooray.

Sjoerd

On 05/27/2014 11:34 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello Guilers,
>
> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.
>
> Mark has been doing excellent work on Guile for several years,
> tirelessly looking for improvements, fearlessly treading into scary
> places like psyntax and I/O ports, so I’m glad to have him officially
> on board now.
>
> Welcome, Mark!  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-05-29  0:36 ` Mike Gerwitz
From: Mike Gerwitz @ 2014-05-29  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Andy Wingo, Mark H Weaver, guile-devel

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:34:32PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.

I have only very recently started following Guile (excitedly), but
that aside, welcome to the GNU Project!

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker | GNU Maintainer

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-05-29  2:07 ` dsmich
From: dsmich @ 2014-05-29  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user, guile-devel, Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Andy Wingo

---- "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hello Guilers,
>
> I’m happy to announce that Mark H. Weaver has now been officially
> appointed as Guile co-maintainer by the GNU Project overseers, along
> with Andy and myself.
>
> Mark has been doing excellent work on Guile for several years,
> tirelessly looking for improvements, fearlessly treading into scary
> places like psyntax and I/O ports, so I’m glad to have him officially
> on board now.
>
> Welcome, Mark!  :-)

Hear hear!  It's about time!

-Dale

* Re: Welcome Mark as new co-maintainer
@ 2014-05-30  9:00   ` Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2014-05-30  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: Andy Wingo, Ludovic Courtès, guile-user, guile-devel

What a lovely email summarizing, at the very least, exactly how I feel
about Guile and its community. Belatedly, congrats on the appointment!

Best wishes,

Alex