* CEDET maintainer
@ 2021-03-27 21:06 Fermin
From: Fermin @ 2021-03-27 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello Emacs developers,

My name is Fermin, I'm the maintainer of several Emacs external packages
(some of them are maxima.el <https://gitlab.com/sasanidas/maxima>
,realgud-xdebug <https://github.com/realgud/realgud-xdebug> and
lsp-sonarlint <https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-sonarlint>) aside from this,
I've been messing around with CEDET these past year or so, and I really
like it overall, I can understand his faults and how/why the Emacs
community
is not taking CEDET into account too much these days, but I also think
that this can change.

I'm proposing myself as a CEDET maintainer, I want to contribute to it
in a more direct way, I have some degree of familiarity with the source
code now
and I think I can help in the future development of it, recently there
were a talk about a xref background integration and I think this can be
a great initial
addition. I'm also working on in a more in depth analysis of CEDET so
other people can jump and point out new improvements.

I talked with the original creator/maintainer (Eric) privately and he
kindly gave me the source code of the current CEDET webpage
<http://cedet.sourceforge.net/>, so the first thing
I did was to update it, keeping the old aesthetic but making it HTML5
compatible, it is still a work in progress and the information need to be
also updated, but I think a nice informative webpage can help for new
people to know and use CEDET.
This is the repository of the webpage
https://gitlab.com/sasanidas/cedet-webpage and this is the current URL
https://sasanidas.gitlab.io/cedet-webpage/ ,
I'm using plain HTML5 with a simple script to translate "templates".

If the Emacs maintainers, decide that I'm worthy of it, my initial idea
is to develop CEDET in a separate branch for now, even tho I think the
send patch workflow is valid,
for a package like CEDET that needs a lot of changes, this can really
slow down the process.

Thank you.

Regards,

Fermin