* MacOSX installation suggestions.
@ 2003-01-05 12:26 Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-01-05 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

In the mac/INSTALL file it says twice that make install must be made as
root.  This is an error, I have never done make install as root, and
if you just have write permission, this works fine (as it does with
the other Emacs configurations).  I dont think documentation casually
should require you to be root to install things, when no such
requirement exists.  It discurages the installation of Emacs under
your own user.  I would change that to "make install requires that
you have write permission in the destination directories" or something
like that.  Or not write anything at all.

I do think make install should install Emacs.app also.  Now one has to
manually copy it after make install.  It doesn't seem right that make
install doesn't install everything.

Thanks,

	Jan D.