* risky-local-variable-p called with 1 argument
@ 2002-10-25  7:10 Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2002-10-25  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

After a recent change to `risky-local-variable-p', compiling
emacs-lisp/usafep.el gives:

> In unsafep-variable:
> unsafep.el:253:6:Warning: risky-local-variable-p called with 1 argument, but
>     requires 2

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u

* Re: risky-local-variable-p called with 1 argument
@ 2002-10-25  8:57   ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2002-10-25  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel, rms

On 25 Oct 2002 11:41:37 +0200, storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> That change is not recorded in the lisp/ChangeLog, but I found this in
> the CVS log for lisp/files.el:
<snip>
> However, that log message is mis-leading, as the change doesn't define
> a new function risky-local-variable-p, but rather adds a second
> mandatory VAL argument to it.

Yeah, I found that too.

> And of course, the last part of that message should have rung a bell :-)

Sure ;-)

OK, so what's the VAL supposed to be passed to `risky-local-variable-p'?

@ 2002-10-25  9:41 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2002-10-25  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Juanma Barranquero <lektu@terra.es> writes:

> After a recent change to `risky-local-variable-p', compiling
> emacs-lisp/usafep.el gives:

That change is not recorded in the lisp/ChangeLog, but I found this in
the CVS log for lisp/files.el:

revision 1.619
date: 2002/10/23 17:38:44;  author: rms;  state: Exp;  lines: +16 -11
(risky-local-variable-p): New function.
(compile-command): Use `stringp' for `safe-local-variable' prop.
(hack-one-local-variable): Use `risky-local-variable-p'.

However, that log message is mis-leading, as the change doesn't define
a new function risky-local-variable-p, but rather adds a second
mandatory VAL argument to it.

I suppose the proper log message would have been:

(risky-local-variable-p): New VAL arg.  Callers NOT changed.

@ 2002-10-25 10:08     ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2002-10-25 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel, rms

Juanma Barranquero <lektu@terra.es> writes:

> On 25 Oct 2002 11:41:37 +0200, storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm) wrote:
>
> > That change is not recorded in the lisp/ChangeLog, but I found this in
> > the CVS log for lisp/files.el:
> <snip>
> > However, that log message is mis-leading, as the change doesn't define
> > a new function risky-local-variable-p, but rather adds a second
> > mandatory VAL argument to it.
>
> Yeah, I found that too.
>
> > And of course, the last part of that message should have rung a bell :-)
>
> Sure ;-)
>
> OK, so what's the VAL supposed to be passed to `risky-local-variable-p'?

The value you are about to assign to SYM, afaics...

I don't see how we can easily get that value for unsafep-variable, but as
a temporary work-around, I think you should just supply an empty string ""
as the arg [the only current use of the VAL argument is to test it with
stringp].

* Re: risky-local-variable-p called with 1 argument
@ 2002-10-26 20:15 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-10-26 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

I will fix this.  Thanks.