* Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114239: * vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-retrieve-tag): Mark unused argument.
       [not found] <E1VK0oK-00066t-Hr@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2013-09-12 12:26 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-09-12 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> -(defun vc-svn-retrieve-tag (dir name update)
> +(defun vc-svn-retrieve-tag (dir name _update)
>    "Retrieve a tag at and below DIR.
>  NAME is the name of the tag; if it is empty, do a `svn update'.
>  If UPDATE is non-nil, then update (resynch) any affected buffers.

I'm not sure this is a good idea.  Is there a good reason why `update'
is ignored?  If not, then the fact that `update' is ignored is a bug,
and we shouldn't silence it.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114239: * vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-retrieve-tag): Mark unused argument.
@ 2013-09-12 15:54   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-09-12 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> -(defun vc-svn-retrieve-tag (dir name update)
>> +(defun vc-svn-retrieve-tag (dir name _update)
[...[
> I'm not sure this is a good idea.  Is there a good reason why `update'
> is ignored?  If not, then the fact that `update' is ignored is a bug,
> and we shouldn't silence it.

It's got a fixme comment, everyone pays attention to those, right?

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114239: * vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-retrieve-tag): Mark unused argument.
@ 2013-09-12 16:01     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-09-12 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

BTW, I keep finding totally obvious errors that are clearly flagged by
compilation warnings, but it feels like no-one pays attention to those.
I don't think it is helping to have hundreds of warnings, some of which,
like this one, aren't real problems and aren't going away.

(Anyone who doesn't have time to bootstrap can see the warnings in the
hydra logs.)

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114239: * vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-retrieve-tag): Mark unused argument.
@ 2013-09-12 19:11       ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-09-12 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

> BTW, I keep finding totally obvious errors that are clearly flagged by
> compilation warnings, but it feels like no-one pays attention to those.
> I don't think it is helping to have hundreds of warnings, some of which,
> like this one, aren't real problems and aren't going away.

I guess a FIXME is good enough, so it's OK to mask the warning.

> (Anyone who doesn't have time to bootstrap can see the warnings in the
> hydra logs.)

I find the hydra web pages impenetrable, to be honest.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114239: * vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-retrieve-tag): Mark unused argument.
@ 2013-09-12 19:32         ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-09-12 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> (Anyone who doesn't have time to bootstrap can see the warnings in the
>> hydra logs.)
>
> I find the hydra web pages impenetrable, to be honest.

Go to http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk
Pick an evaluation you are interested in.
Pick a job.
View raw log. Eg http://hydra.nixos.org/build/6080506/log/raw

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114239: * vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-retrieve-tag): Mark unused argument.
@ 2013-09-13  1:59           ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-09-13  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

>>> (Anyone who doesn't have time to bootstrap can see the warnings in the
>>> hydra logs.)
>> I find the hydra web pages impenetrable, to be honest.
> Go to http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk
> Pick an evaluation you are interested in.

I have no idea how to pick one.

> Pick a job.

I don't really know which one to pick either (which ones includes
compilation of .el files?).

> View raw log. Eg http://hydra.nixos.org/build/6080506/log/raw

Aha, so it's this little "raw" button?
I find it is drowned by the tree below which shows me things
I don't understand.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114239: * vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-retrieve-tag): Mark unused argument.
@ 2013-09-13  2:13             ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-09-13  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> Go to http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk
>> Pick an evaluation you are interested in.
>
> I have no idea how to pick one.

They are listed in order of increasing age.
Probably you want the most recent one.
This is the one with the highest # number, and will be the first listed.
If the "Success" column at the RHS has grey boxes, it means it did not
finish building everything yet. So long as there is a green box with at
least "1" in it, there is something to look at.

Each evaluation corresponds to a bzr revision, as listed in "input changes".

>> Pick a job.
>
> I don't really know which one to pick either (which ones includes
> compilation of .el files?).

Probably you want the "tarball" job.
This one does a bootstrap followed by "make dist".
The other jobs all start from the generated tarfile, and just build on
different platforms.
The "coverage" job additionally runs "make check".

The tarball jobs always runs first. If it fails, so does everything else.

>> View raw log. Eg http://hydra.nixos.org/build/6080506/log/raw
>
> Aha, so it's this little "raw" button?

Yep.

* Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114239: * vc/vc-svn.el (vc-svn-retrieve-tag): Mark unused argument.
@ 2013-09-13 14:35               ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-09-13 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>>> Go to http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk
>>> Pick an evaluation you are interested in.
>>
>> I have no idea how to pick one.
>
> They are listed in order of increasing age.
> Probably you want the most recent one.
> This is the one with the highest # number, and will be the first listed.
> If the "Success" column at the RHS has grey boxes, it means it did not
> finish building everything yet. So long as there is a green box with at
> least "1" in it, there is something to look at.
>
> Each evaluation corresponds to a bzr revision, as listed in "input changes".
>
>>> Pick a job.
>>
>> I don't really know which one to pick either (which ones includes
>> compilation of .el files?).
>
> Probably you want the "tarball" job.
> This one does a bootstrap followed by "make dist".
> The other jobs all start from the generated tarfile, and just build on
> different platforms.
> The "coverage" job additionally runs "make check".
>
> The tarball jobs always runs first. If it fails, so does everything else.
>
>>> View raw log. Eg http://hydra.nixos.org/build/6080506/log/raw
>>
>> Aha, so it's this little "raw" button?
>
> Yep.

It is also useful to me, thank you.  Can you add them to
admin/notes/hydra (maybe after some editing)?

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/