* debug declaration.
@ 2005-03-23 15:54 Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2005-03-23 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have problems writing a debug declaration for define-generic-mode.
Maybe someone can help me?

define-generic-mode is defined like this:

(defmacro define-generic-mode (mode comment-list keyword-list
				    font-lock-list auto-mode-list
				    function-list &optional docstring)
...)

I think that Edebug should instrument COMMENT-LIST, KEYWORD-LIST,
FONT-LOCK-LIST, AUTO-MODE-LIST, and FUNCTION-LIST.  MODE is a symbol
(or a quoted symbol) and DOCSTRING a string constant.  They should not
be instrumented.

In my understanding this debug declaration should do the trick:

(declare (debug (sexp form form form form form &optional stringp)))

However, when I instrument this call to define-generic-mode:

(define-generic-mode my-mode
  (list ?# ?% (+ 50 9))
  (list "abba" "ebbe" (concat "ob" "bo"))
  nil
  (list "\\.mm\\'")
  nil
  "This is My mode.")

then Edebug stops at these places (marked by `X') when I step through
the macro call:

X(define-generic-mode my-mode
  (list ?# ?% (+ 50 9))
  (list "abba" "ebbe" (concat "ob" "bo"))
  nil
  X(list "\\.mm\\'")X
  nil
  "This is My mode.")X

So it seems that only AUTO-MODE-LIST got instrumented and no other
arguments.  Is this a bug or have I terribly misunderstood something?

Lute.