* ELPA: new package coterm
@ 2021-10-12 18:57 miha
From: miha @ 2021-10-12 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like to submit a new package to ELPA.  It implements terminal
emulation for comint buffers (for example M-x shell), allowing one to
use more complex TUI programs such as "less", "mpv" or even "top" and
"emacs -nw".

Two notes:

"Author:" header states my pseudonym and my alternative e-mail address.
I hope that this doesn't cause any problems with respect to copyright
assignment.  (The last commits in the git repository are signed with my
main e-mail address.)

There is a lot of duplicated functionality with term.el.  For
information on the differences from [M-x term] and why I didn't reuse
term.el functions, see the commentary section and the comment at the
start of ";;; Terminal emulation" section.

Source code is available at https://repo.or.cz/emacs-coterm.git

Thanks and best regards.