* Turning c-ts-mode.el, go-ts-mode.el, csharp-ts-mode.el etc into :core packages?
@ 2023-03-05 22:41 Yuan Fu
From: Yuan Fu @ 2023-03-05 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

What are the implications of turning something into a :core package? I can’t find much description of it. If my understanding of it is correct, I think it would be beneficial to make new tree-sitter modes into :core packages. Right now they are pretty bare-bones, and haven’t been “battle-tested”. Making them core packages would allow us gradually improve them and fix errors that come up. Those files I mentioned in the subject are new files, if that matters. But I don’t know if there are any downsides of turning something into a :core package.

The new tree-sitter related files we have are:
- c-ts-mode.el
- java-ts-mode.el
- rust-ts-mode.el
- go-ts-mode.el