* Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)
@ 2005-06-09  9:18 LENNART BORGMAN
From: LENNART BORGMAN @ 2005-06-09  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Abrahams, jasonr, emacs-devel

From: storm@cua.dk (Kim F. Storm)

> jasonr@f2s.com writes:
>
> > The "bug" used to be there because Emacs required an integer
> number of lines on
> > the screen. Now that Emacs handles different sized fonts, this
> restriction may
> > not be needed anymore,
>
> It is not "needed", but the window size / position calculations are
> still performed in lines/column units, so it is major work to remove
> the restriction.   I plan to do that _after_ the release.

But is it at all needed for maximized frames currently?

* Re: MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)
@ 2005-06-09  8:23 LENNART BORGMAN
From: LENNART BORGMAN @ 2005-06-09  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Abrahams, emacs-devel

From: jasonr@f2s.com

> > I think the changes below should make maximized frames behave
> better on
> > w32. They try to prevent changing the size of a frame that is
> maximized.>
> > This change remove the bug that a maximized frame does not fit
> the whole
> > screen. It also removes the bug that a maximezed frame can be moved.
>
> The "bug" used to be there because Emacs required an integer
> number of lines on
> the screen. Now that Emacs handles different sized fonts, this
> restriction may
> not be needed anymore, in which case we should remove it
> completely on all
> platforms, not just for maximized frames on Windows. But I am not
> convincedthat scrolling code and other code that works with
> "pages" has been adapted to
> work with non inteeger numbers of lines measured in the default
> font yet.

I see, that is what I thought. But changing the size of a maximized window on w32 confuses the w32 window handler a bit I guess. It would be good to avoid this.

* MS Windows Frame Maximize in .emacs (again)
@ 2005-05-26 19:57 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2005-05-26 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have nothing to add to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-12/msg00364.html