emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Task repeat every weekday?
@ 2019-01-23 13:16 Stig Brautaset
From: Stig Brautaset @ 2019-01-23 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi! I have some work tasks that I need to get into the habit of doing
every day. (Reviewing PRs / Jira, ...)

Currently I do this with a calendar-style repeater, like so:

,----
| * Recurring Tasks
| ** Review PRs
|    :LOGBOOK:
|    :END:
|    <%%(sb/weekday-p date)>
|
|    - https://github.com/pulls
`----

Where init.el contains:

,----
| (defun sb/weekday-p (date)
|   "Is `date' a weekday?"
|   (let ((dayname (calendar-day-of-week date)))
|     (memq dayname '(1 2 3 4 5))))
`----

While this allows me to clock in, and add comments, it doesn't give me that nice buzz from closing a task. And it doesn't get it out of my agenda once I've completed it that day.

Is there a way to make this into a repeating TODO that shows only on weekdays?

--
Kind regards,

Stig