emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* How to get the eacute above the e in saute or Saute?
@ 2017-10-12 14:06 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2017-10-12 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm copying out loads of old recipes into org-mode exported to latex and
build a pdf, which is working very nicely, except for one thing - I
can't work out how to get the eacute in 'Saute' or 'saute'. How can I
get it please? Its the little thing above the letter 'e' which is
slanting from bottom left to top right above the letter e!

So how can I do it please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.2, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.3.2, org-mode 9.1.1

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to get the eacute above the e in saute or Saute?
@ 2017-10-12 14:13 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2017-10-12 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:08 AM Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com>
wrote:

> I'm copying out loads of old recipes into org-mode exported to latex and
> build a pdf, which is working very nicely, except for one thing -

> I can't work out how to get the eacute in 'Saute' or 'saute'. How can I
> get it please?

1. You mean.. how to type that in Emacs in the first place?
2. Or it's fine in the Org file, but does not export correctly?

I can help if it's the first question.. just type "C-x 8 ' e" to get "é"
(and "C-x 8 ` e" to get "è").
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: How to get the eacute above the e in saute or Saute?
@ 2017-10-12 14:39   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-10-12 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Sharon Kimble

On Thursday, 12 Oct 2017 at 14:13, Kaushal Modi wrote:

[...]

> 1. You mean.. how to type that in Emacs in the first place?
> 2. Or it's fine in the Org file, but does not export correctly?
>
> I can help if it's the first question.. just type "C-x 8 ' e" to get "é"
> (and "C-x 8 ` e" to get "è").

For the second question, depending on the version of LaTeX you have
installed, what Kaushal has told you should be enough.  For older
versions of LaTeX, you might need to type this in your org file:

Saut@@latex:\'{e}@@

which is obviously not as pretty...  Try Kaushal's suggestion first.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.2-98-g0b8316

@ 2017-10-12 14:44   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-10-12 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Sharon Kimble

On Thursday, 12 Oct 2017 at 14:13, Kaushal Modi wrote:

[...]

> 1. You mean.. how to type that in Emacs in the first place?
> 2. Or it's fine in the Org file, but does not export correctly?
>
> I can help if it's the first question.. just type "C-x 8 ' e" to get "é"
> (and "C-x 8 ` e" to get "è").

And, if you are going to type many words in French, you may wish to
change your input method (M-x set-input-method RET) to,
e.g. french-prefix, so that you can simply type Saut'e and it will
appear as Sauté.  The ' key will be "sticky" and will be applied to the
following letter if appropriate.

The emacs input methods are fantastic.  I frequently use the TeX input
method to be able type, easily, things like ∫x≠y₁ or 6.02×10⁹, as
examples.

"C-h I" will describe the current input method.

--

@ 2017-10-12 16:58   ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2017-10-12 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:08 AM Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> wrote:
>
>     I'm copying out loads of old recipes into org-mode exported to latex and
>     build a pdf, which is working very nicely, except for one thing -
>

>     I can't work out how to get the eacute in 'Saute' or 'saute'. How can I
>     get it please?
>
> 1. You mean.. how to type that in Emacs in the first place?

Yes, so that it can then be exported into 'texlive-2017' and ultimately
built into the pdf.

> 2. Or it's fine in the Org file, but does not export correctly?
>
> I can help if it's the first question.. just type "C-x 8 ' e" to get "é" (and "C-x 8 ` e" to get "è").
> --

Ok, thanks, that works, but how can I assign a keypress to it as I need
to use it very often, several times each day. Plus I've got a backlog to
work through too.

@ 2017-10-12 20:03     ` Göktuğ Kayaalp
From: Göktuğ Kayaalp @ 2017-10-12 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Kaushal Modi

On 2017-10-12 17:58 +01, Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks, that works, but how can I assign a keypress to it as I need
> to use it very often, several times each day. Plus I've got a backlog to
> work through too.

See "International" in the Emacs manual, especially "Input Methods" and
"Select Input Method" within it.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp	<http://www.gkayaalp.com/>
			024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC

* Re: How to get the eacute above the e in saute or Saute?
@ 2017-10-12 22:43     ` Nick Helm
From: Nick Helm @ 2017-10-12 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 at 05:58:20 +1300, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> Ok, thanks, that works, but how can I assign a keypress to it as I need
> to use it very often, several times each day. Plus I've got a backlog to
> work through too.

If you only need that one character, you could temporarily assign a
convenient key binding. Something like this perhaps?

(global-set-key (kbd "S-C-e") [233])

* Re: How to get the eacute above the e in saute or Saute?
@ 2017-10-25 13:28 ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-10-25 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

See if [[help:org-latex-default-packages-alist]] has at something
similar to "inputenc" and "fontenc" inside. In any case, please report
back the results. ;)

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com