emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
From: Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com>
To: Bastien Guerry <bzg@bzg.fr>
Cc: Yehonathan Sharvit <viebel@gmail.com>,
	Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>, Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us>
Subject: Re: allow live execution of code snippets in html export
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 22:18:37 -0500	[thread overview]

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 5:36 AM, Bastien Guerry <bzg@bzg.fr> wrote:

> That said, I think we can take this opportunity to slightly improve
> how ox-html handles source code:

Would we need a switch to permit the old syntax for people with complex
setups who don't want to change?

> - make src-clojure in <pre class="src src-clojure"> customizable ?

Is this likely to break anything in derived exporters? It would certianly
be convenient e.g for using highlight.js in wordpress in similar
environments.

> - have ob-javascript.el to let ox-html know how to export js code ?

Isn't this in org already? there's an ob-js.el in my org repo.

> - have org-html-js to easily allow adding js libraries at the bottom
>   of a page? Perhaps together with #+html_js and #+html_js_extra ?

This seems like a good idea and pretty easy.

> >> If the license permits, and there's a precedent, we could bundle the
> >> scripts with org.
>
> I have no problem with this, but I'd rather think a more general
> mechanism to embed scripts in general and get more flexibility in
> css classes.
>
> If we provide a straightforward solution, I don't think there is
> a problem pointing to Google servers.
>
> We might have a problem with recommending js code that does not
> pass the https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/ tests: that is,
> we cannot recommend code that is not advertised the way librejs
> recommends it should be advertized.
>
> This is an annoying issue, but a real one I guess.
>
> I odn't really quite understand the problem and solution parameters.
Since Yehonathan is here on this thread and enthusiastic about helping out:
is there something he could do to make this feasible for us?  Or by "more
general mechanism" do you mean some third way between bundling and linking
to?

> As long as Klipse + org is somehow available and documented,
> I'll be very happy :)

Me too!