emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-capture-kill uses the kill ring
@ 2017-10-20  3:27 Allen Li
From: Allen Li @ 2017-10-20  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

org-capture-kill (C-c C-k) used to abort capturing puts the contents
of the capture buffer into the kill ring.

This is obstructive when the user wants to abort a capture, but save a
portion of the text into the kill ring to yank elsewhere.  The aborted
capture contents will replace the desired content.

Aborting capture should act transparently like killing a buffer.  It
shouldn't affect the kill ring.  If the user wants to keep the capture
contents, he can trivially run C-x h mark-whole-buffer M-w
kill-ring-save

* Re: org-capture-kill uses the kill ring
@ 2017-10-20  3:56 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2017-10-20  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Allen Li, emacs-orgmode