On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:28 PM Allen Li wrote: > org-capture-kill (C-c C-k) used to abort capturing puts the contents > of the capture buffer into the kill ring. > > This is obstructive when the user wants to abort a capture, but save a > portion of the text into the kill ring to yank elsewhere. The aborted > capture contents will replace the desired content. > I believe that's a good fail-safe mechanism. Imagine the joy when you realize that Org simply saved your incomplete capture in the event you kill it by mistake! FWIW, I have never needed to make use of that failsafe mechanism, nor have I ever needed to copy something from my capture and then kill it. The use case you mention seems to be very rare IMO. > Aborting capture should act transparently like killing a buffer. It > shouldn't affect the kill ring. If the user wants to keep the capture > contents, he can trivially run C-x h mark-whole-buffer M-w > kill-ring-save > You can always C-y M-y to yank your second-last kill, C-y M-y M-y for the third-last kill, and so on .. To summarize: - Current behavior helps users lose their incomplete captures by mistake. - In the event you want to copy something and deliberately kill the capture buffer, you can always paste it with C-y M-y. -- Kaushal Modi