emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Adding single cell movement to org-table
@ 2017-07-27 20:20 Chris Kauffman
From: Chris Kauffman @ 2017-07-27 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Uwe Brauer

Greetings from a first-time contributor. Another patch contributor, Uwe
Brauer, recruited me after finding some code I had written to move single
org-table cells up/down/left/right.  I found this feature to be useful in
certain kinds of tables so wrote the functions for myself but am told that
others might benefit from it.

I have formalized that code into a git repo with a feature branch on it
which may be found here:
  https://github.com/kauffman77/org-mode/tree/single-cell-table-move

I have included documentation in org-table.el for the new functions and
tests for them.  If further work or documentation needs to be done, please
let me know. I am also not sure if I got the commit messages formatted to
the specification mentioned on the contributing page.  I am happy to
explain more if needed.

I just mailed assign@gnu.org to get the copyright for the code resolved but
thought I would put up this branch now so others can have a look.

Cheers,
Chris