Apologies for the earlier diff-blast: I did not see the advice on the org-mode contributions page that patches generated via git format-patch master are preferred. Please find four patches attached which now include modifications to ORG-NEWS, org.texi, orgguid.texi, and keybindings suggested by Carsten: S-up, S-down, S-left, S-right in org.el (via org-shiftup etc.). Cheers, Chris On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 4:19 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Chris Kauffman writes: > > > Greetings from a first-time contributor. Another patch contributor, Uwe > > Brauer, recruited me after finding some code I had written to move single > > org-table cells up/down/left/right. I found this feature to be useful in > > certain kinds of tables so wrote the functions for myself but am told > that > > others might benefit from it. > > > > I have formalized that code into a git repo with a feature branch on it > > which may be found here: > > https://github.com/kauffman77/org-mode/tree/single-cell-table-move > > > > I have included documentation in org-table.el for the new functions and > > tests for them. If further work or documentation needs to be done, > please > > let me know. I am also not sure if I got the commit messages formatted to > > the specification mentioned on the contributing page. I am happy to > > explain more if needed. > > Thank you. > > Could you send the patch here? It will ease reviewing it. > > It will also require an entry in ORG-NEWS and some documentation in > org.texi. > > > I just mailed assign@gnu.org to get the copyright for the code resolved > but > > thought I would put up this branch now so others can have a look. > > Great! > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >