* Bug: inconsistent escaping of coderef regexp
@ 2021-01-04 20:33 Tom Gillespie
From: Tom Gillespie @ 2021-01-04 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It is not possible to strip coderefs when tangling and also search for
those coderefs using org-link-search. This is because org-link-search
uses org-src-coderef-regexp which calls regexp-quote on the regexp
string while org-babel-tangle-single-block does not and uses the
regexp string directly without quoting it. I'm not sure about the best
way to fix this. It seems to me that the call to regexp-quote should
be removed but I'm not entirely sure of the consequences of doing
that. Thoughts? Best,
Tom

PS While on the topic of coderefs, let me drop a note that is a
preview of some of the issues I have encountered while working on a
full formal grammar for org. Having the -l switch control this is an
awful design that induces more complexity into the org-mode grammar
than nearly any other feature. Source block switches are completely
inconsistent with the rest of org and completely undiscoverable. I had
no idea they even existed until I was trying to figure out which
header argument could be used to set the coderef regexp. The -l option
and switches in general need to have their behavior implemented as
part of the standard header arguments like everything else so that
users can migrate away from switches with an eye toward removing them
entirely.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-01-04 20:34 UTC | newest]