emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* current, working org-protocol bookmarklet for firefox?
@ 2016-11-15 20:10 Matt Price
       [not found] ` <e788cfa96803438c8a76c356891eb05a@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Matt Price @ 2016-11-15 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Does anyone have a current, working org-protocol bookmarklet that will
capture webpage+document title either in store link format

[[Document title][http://some.url]]

or in a more complex capture template? I have tried various things
including the firefox plugin and am not having a lot of success. Thank you!!

* Re: current, working org-protocol bookmarklet for firefox?
@ 2016-11-15 22:51 ` Marco Wahl
       [not found] ` <e788cfa96803438c8a76c356891eb05a@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Marco Wahl @ 2016-11-15 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone have a current, working org-protocol bookmarklet that will
> capture webpage+document title either in store link format
>
> [[Document title][http://some.url]]
>
> or in a more complex capture template? I have tried various things
> including the firefox plugin and am not having a lot of success. Thank you!!
>
> Does anyone have a current, working org-protocol bookmarklet that will capture webpage+document title either in store link format
>
> [[Document title][http://some.url]]
>
> or in a more complex capture template? I have tried various things including the firefox plugin and am not having a lot of success. Thank you!!

Don't know about bookmarklet but have you tried the addon

        http://chadok.info/firefox-org-capture/

My capture template is

        ("w" "capture for the bucket (thought for captures from the web via org-protocoll)" entry
         (file "~/org/bucket.org")
         "* %:description
        :PROPERTIES:
        :CREA_DATE:  %U
        :END:

        :origin:
        %U, %c

        %i
        :END:" :prepend t :empty-lines 1 :clock-in t :clock-resume t)

Currently I'm quite happy with this setting.

HTH,
--
Marco

@ 2016-11-16 11:40   ` Eric S Fraga
       [not found]     ` <61f071e53a594f4281f079123afcd393@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-11-16 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Wahl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday, 15 Nov 2016 at 22:51, Marco Wahl wrote:

[...]

> Don't know about bookmarklet but have you tried the addon
>
>         http://chadok.info/firefox-org-capture/

This works well for me except that the short-cut key is not
recognised.  This is probably due to some interaction with vimperator in
Firefox.  But the little gnu icon works just fine.

Thanks.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_8.3.6-1272-gc61ee8

* Re: current, working org-protocol bookmarklet for firefox?
@ 2016-11-16 12:39     ` Marco Wahl
       [not found]     ` <61f071e53a594f4281f079123afcd393@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Marco Wahl @ 2016-11-16 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> Don't know about bookmarklet but have you tried the addon
>>
>>         http://chadok.info/firefox-org-capture/
>
> This works well for me except that the short-cut key is not
> recognised.  This is probably due to some interaction with vimperator in
> Firefox.  But the little gnu icon works just fine.

Looks like we use a similar environment. ;)

The short-cut key is available after turning off all the vimperator keys
(which can be triggered by the "Insert"-key with my setting.)  That's
the way I use it.

Ciao

        Marco

@ 2016-11-16 14:02       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-11-16 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Wahl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Wednesday, 16 Nov 2016 at 12:39, Marco Wahl wrote:
> The short-cut key is available after turning off all the vimperator keys
> (which can be triggered by the "Insert"-key with my setting.)  That's
> the way I use it.

D'oh...  yes, thanks, works like a charm.

--

@ 2016-11-17 15:27   ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2016-11-17 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode