emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Beamer footnote to definition term printed twice
@ 2018-09-21 13:36 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2018-09-21 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm using Org mode version 9.1.14 (9.1.14-1-g4931fc-elpaplus) on Emacs
25.1.1.  When I add a footnote to the definition part of a definition
environment thus

  #+TITLE:     MWE

  #+LATEX_CLASS: beamer

  * What's up

     - with[fn:1] :: the footnotes[fn:2]?

  * Footnotes

  [fn:2] OK

  [fn:1] Huh?

and export as a beamer presentation, I get the following footnotes:

  1 Huh?
  2 OK
  1 Huh?

Every thing is fine if I just export to article.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Beamer footnote to definition term printed twice
@ 2018-09-22 14:39 ` Adrian Bradd
From: Adrian Bradd @ 2018-09-22 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Looks like in both cases the exported description is identical:

#+begin_latex
  \begin{description}
  \item[{with\footnote{Huh?}}] the
  footnotes\footnote{OK}?\footnotetext[1]{\label{org9240374}Huh?}
  \end{description}
#end_latex

The issue seems to be that the article and beamer classes are
handling footnotes differently. Removing
\footnotetext[1]{\label{org9240374}Huh?} removes the duplicate
from the beamer export, but then the article export is missing the
appropriate footnote.

We should be able to patch the export code to ignore the extra
\footnotetext when exporting to beamer.

Cheers,

--
Adrian Bradd

* Re: Beamer footnote to definition term printed twice
@ 2018-09-22 20:27 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-09-22 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Org mode version 9.1.14 (9.1.14-1-g4931fc-elpaplus) on Emacs
> 25.1.1.  When I add a footnote to the definition part of a definition
> environment thus
>
>   #+TITLE:     MWE
>
>   #+LATEX_CLASS: beamer
>
>   * What's up
>
>      - with[fn:1] :: the footnotes[fn:2]?
>
>   * Footnotes
>
>   [fn:2] OK
>
>   [fn:1] Huh?
>
> and export as a beamer presentation, I get the following footnotes:
>
>   1 Huh?
>   2 OK
>   1 Huh?
>
> Every thing is fine if I just export to article.

Fixed. Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou