emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Bug: Capture Template With Link Returns Error [9.2 (9.2-elpaplus @ /home/dwrz/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/)]
@ 2019-01-01  3:00 David Wen Riccardi-Zhu
From: David Wen Riccardi-Zhu @ 2019-01-01  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use the following capture template to store bookmarks:

* %^L :PROPERTIES: :NOTES: %^{NOTES} :END: :LOGBOOK:
 - Added %U.
:END:

It was working fine until I updated my packages today. If I try to
use the template now, the following is displayed in the
minibuffer:

org-capture: Capture abort: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

This happens after the first prompt.

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen
and what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good
report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.
Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-07-05
Package: Org mode version 9.2 (9.2-elpaplus @
/home/dwrz/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/)

--
dwrz|朱为文

* Re: Bug: Capture Template With Link Returns Error [9.2 (9.2-elpaplus @ /home/dwrz/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/)]
  2019-01-01  3:00 Bug: Capture Template With Link Returns Error [9.2 (9.2-elpaplus @ /home/dwrz/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20181230/)] David Wen Riccardi-Zhu
@ 2019-01-01 16:25 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-01-01 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Wen Riccardi-Zhu; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

David Wen Riccardi-Zhu <dwrz@dwrz.net> writes:

> I use the following capture template to store bookmarks:
>
> * %^L :PROPERTIES: :NOTES: %^{NOTES} :END: :LOGBOOK: - Added %U. :END:
>
> It was working fine until I updated my packages today. If I try to use
> the template now, the following is displayed in the minibuffer:
>
> org-capture: Capture abort: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

Fixed. Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2019-01-12  0:30   ` david wen riccardi-zhu
       [not found]     ` <CADbSrJz6M_bHwpJ911Z7FTjc7i6_Ksok=ZUqN=C57TCBAs0p9Q@mail.gmail.com>
From: david wen riccardi-zhu @ 2019-01-12  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello and thank you. This behavior did appear to be fixed, but
it's surfaced once again today.

--

@ 2019-01-12 11:04     ` Nicolas Goaziou
       [not found]     ` <CADbSrJz6M_bHwpJ911Z7FTjc7i6_Ksok=ZUqN=C57TCBAs0p9Q@mail.gmail.com>
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-01-12 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david wen riccardi-zhu; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

david wen riccardi-zhu <dwrz@dwrz.net> writes:

> Hello and thank you. This behavior did appear to be fixed, but it's
> surfaced once again today.

I couldn't reproduce it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2019-01-19  3:56       ` david wen riccardi-zhu
From: david wen riccardi-zhu @ 2019-01-19  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thank you! I wasn't really sure what kind of function to pass to
add-variable-watcher, but using debug-on-variable-change, I got
the following output:

Debugger entered--setting org-stored-links to nil:
  debug--implement-debug-watch(org-stored-links nil set nil)
  org-insert-link(0 "test")
  #f(compiled-function (s) #<bytecode 0x1961845>)("test")
  org-capture-fill-template()
  org-capture(0)
  org-capture-at-point()
  funcall-interactively(org-capture-at-point)
  call-interactively(org-capture-at-point nil nil)
  command-execute(org-capture-at-point)

I'm not sure what might be causing the last change to nil. Is
there
 anything I can do to try to shed some light on this?

This is the template I am trying to use:

* %^L :PROPERTIES: :NOTES: %^{NOTES} :END: :LOGBOOK:
 - Added %U.
:END:

Many thanks,

David