emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Export the org spreadsheet into a tab seperated text file
@ 2008-07-11 18:42 Csányi Pál
From: Csányi Pál @ 2008-07-11 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

Is there available from Org-mode to export a table to a Tab separated
text file?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi

* Re: Export the org spreadsheet into a tab seperated text file
@ 2008-07-11 19:39 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-07-11 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Csányi Pál; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:

> Hello!
>
> Is there available from Org-mode to export a table to a Tab separated
> text file?

Hi!

Yes it's easy.  Put the pointer on the table and M-x org-table-export
Export table to: /tmp/some-table.txt
Format: orgtbl-to-tsv

HTH,
Bernt

* RE: Re: Export the org spreadsheet into a tab seperated textfile
@ 2008-07-11 21:08   ` Parker, Matthew
From: Parker, Matthew @ 2008-07-11 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen, Csányi Pál; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sorry,

But, can you describe exactly what you mean by "Put the pointer on the table"

I tried putting point in various places (indicated w/ "[p]" below) and ran M-x org-table-export. But got messages: "No Table at point" or "before first heading"

Thanks!

[p]
| *one* | *two*| *three*|
| asdf | asdf | asdf |
|    1 |    1 |    1 |

[p] | *one* | *two*| *three*|
| asdf | asdf | asdf |
|    1 |    1 |    1 |

|[p] *one* | *two*| *three*|
| asdf | asdf | asdf |
|    1 |    1 |    1 |

| asdf | asdf | asdf |
|    1 |    1 |    1 |
[p]

@ 2008-07-11 21:12     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-07-11 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Parker, Matthew; +Cc: Csányi Pál, emacs-orgmode

"Parker, Matthew" <MParker@seic.com> writes:

> But, can you describe exactly what you mean by "Put the pointer on the table"
>
> I tried putting point in various places (indicated w/ "[p]" below) and ran M-x org-table-export. But got messages: "No Table at point" or "before first heading"
>
> Thanks!
>
> [p]
> | *one* | *two*| *three*|
> | asdf | asdf | asdf |
> |    1 |    1 |    1 |
>

> [p] | *one* | *two*| *three*|
> | asdf | asdf | asdf |
> |    1 |    1 |    1 |
>
> |[p] *one* | *two*| *three*|
> | asdf | asdf | asdf |
> |    1 |    1 |    1 |
>

> | asdf | asdf | asdf |
> |    1 |    1 |    1 |
> [p]

The middle two above should work fine as long as you have a heading
before it.  Just insert a line

* Test

in front of the table.

Put the point on the table is just put the cursor anywhere inside the
table.

@ 2008-07-11 21:25       ` Parker, Matthew
From: Parker, Matthew @ 2008-07-11 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Csányi Pál, emacs-orgmode

Worked. Thanks.

@ 2008-07-12  8:41   ` Csányi Pál
From: Csányi Pál @ 2008-07-12  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:

>> Is there available from Org-mode to export a table to a Tab separated
>> text file?

> Yes it's easy.  Put the pointer on the table and M-x org-table-export
> Export table to: /tmp/some-table.txt
> Format: orgtbl-to-tsv

OK it works but only for one org table at a time.

But what to do if I have an org file with more than one table with
different columns x rows and between these tables moreover I have some
text, like the follows:

[options]

Here is an org tabe.

[pins]

Here is an org tabe.

etc.

Can I export in org mode the whole file with these tables end texts
mixed this way in to one Tab separated text file? (Tab separated only
where was an org table so in this example abowe in tab separated text
file there should to get two places with tab separated rows that
contain datas taken from the tables.)?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi

* Re: Re: Export the org spreadsheet into a tab seperated text file
@ 2008-07-14 18:38     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-14 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Csányi Pál; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 12, 2008, at 1:41 AM, Csányi Pál wrote:

> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> csanyipal@gmail.com (Csányi Pál) writes:
>
>>> Is there available from Org-mode to export a table to a Tab
>>> separated
>>> text file?
>
>> Yes it's easy.  Put the pointer on the table and M-x org-table-export
>> Export table to: /tmp/some-table.txt
>> Format: orgtbl-to-tsv
>
> OK it works but only for one org table at a time.
>
> But what to do if I have an org file with more than one table with
> different columns x rows and between these tables moreover I have some
> text, like the follows:
>
> [options]
>
> Here is an org tabe.
>
> [pins]
>
> Here is an org tabe.
>
> etc.
>
> Can I export in org mode the whole file with these tables end texts
> mixed this way in to one Tab separated text file? (Tab separated only
> where was an org table so in this example abowe in tab separated text
> file there should to get two places with tab separated rows that
> contain datas taken from the tables.)?

No, you cannot.  What would be the application for this?

- Carsten

* Re: Re: Export the org spreadsheet into a tab seperated textfile
@ 2008-07-14 21:56       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-14 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen
  Cc: Csányi Pál, emacs-orgmode, Parker, Matthew

On Jul 11, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> "Parker, Matthew" <MParker@seic.com> writes:
>
>> But, can you describe exactly what you mean by "Put the pointer on
>> the table"
>>
>> I tried putting point in various places (indicated w/ "[p]" below)
>> and ran M-x org-table-export. But got messages: "No Table at point"
>> or "before first heading"
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> [p]
>> | *one* | *two*| *three*|
>> | asdf | asdf | asdf |
>> |    1 |    1 |    1 |
>>

>> [p] | *one* | *two*| *three*|
>> | asdf | asdf | asdf |
>> |    1 |    1 |    1 |
>>
>> |[p] *one* | *two*| *three*|
>> | asdf | asdf | asdf |
>> |    1 |    1 |    1 |
>>

>> | asdf | asdf | asdf |
>> |    1 |    1 |    1 |
>> [p]
>
> The middle two above should work fine as long as you have a heading
> before it.  Just insert a line
>
> * Test
>
> in front of the table.

Oops, this should not be required.  Fixed now.  Also, your post
reminded me that there should be completion for the translator
functions, this works now as well.

Thanks.

- Carsten

* Re: Export the org spreadsheet into a tab seperated text file
@ 2008-07-14 22:25       ` Csányi Pál
From: Csányi Pál @ 2008-07-14 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode