* PGP verification fails consistently for specific sender
@ 2023-07-12 18:27 Sascha Silbe
From: Sascha Silbe @ 2023-07-12 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

signed PGP/MIME mails from a specific sender (using a ticket system
identifying as "X-Mailer: OTOBO Mail Service (10.1.7)") consistently
fail to verify with notmuch ("[ Bad signature (claimed key ID 0x...)
]"). However the same mail verifies fine in mutt (version 2.0.5) so I
expect it to be a bug on my side (i.e. in notmuch) rather than the
sender side.

Is anyone interested in debugging this failure? I can provide a copy of
a failing mail off-list but don't have time myself to dive into the gory
details of PGP/MIME verification right now.

Tried notmuch 0.31.4 (Debian bullseye) and 0.37 (bullseye-backports);
both fail the same way. The commits in git master since 0.37 don't look
related to PGP/MIME signature verification.

Sascha

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: PGP verification fails consistently for specific sender
@ 2023-07-14  9:55 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-07-14  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Silbe, notmuch

Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-reply-to-2023-3@silbe.org> writes:

> Is anyone interested in debugging this failure? I can provide a copy of
> a failing mail off-list but don't have time myself to dive into the gory
> details of PGP/MIME verification right now.

Not sure I have much time to devote to it myself, but if you send me one
of the messages I can see if I can pin down the bug.

* Re: PGP verification fails consistently for specific sender
@ 2023-07-15 14:19   ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-07-15 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Silbe, notmuch

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-reply-to-2023-3@silbe.org> writes:
>

>> Is anyone interested in debugging this failure? I can provide a copy of
>> a failing mail off-list but don't have time myself to dive into the gory
>> details of PGP/MIME verification right now.
>>

> Not sure I have much time to devote to it myself, but if you send me one
> of the messages I can see if I can pin down the bug.

I got as far as verifying that the problem occurs to me too, and seems
to happen inside libgmime. I didn't yet figure out how to construct a
test case for libgmime, but before I go further I'll need test data I
can share.

* Re: PGP verification fails consistently for specific sender
@ 2023-07-17 11:45     ` Sascha Silbe
From: Sascha Silbe @ 2023-07-17 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch