* Search -- Display Recent Dates First
@ 2016-12-26 22:34 David Wen Riccardi-Zhu
From: David Wen Riccardi-Zhu @ 2016-12-26 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

When I run a search with notmuch (on Emacs), olders email are shown first
(at the top of the screen). This is inconvenient, since the majority of
my searches relate to more recent emails. Is there a way to flip the
output around, so that newer mails appear first?

FYI: I'm not a developer. : [

--
dwrz|朱为文

* Re: Search -- Display Recent Dates First
@ 2016-12-27 18:24 ` Tomas Nordin
From: Tomas Nordin @ 2016-12-27 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Wen Riccardi-Zhu, notmuch

David Wen Riccardi-Zhu <dwrz@dwrz.net> writes:

> When I run a search with notmuch (on Emacs), olders email are shown first
> (at the top of the screen). This is inconvenient, since the majority of
> my searches relate to more recent emails. Is there a way to flip the
> output around, so that newer mails appear first?

Check out the variable notmuch-search-oldest-first. I have this set in
my notmuch-config:

   (setq notmuch-search-oldest-first t)

you should have

   (setq notmuch-search-oldest-first nil)

I guess. Also, in a notmuch-search buffer, the effect of pressing o for
me is to toggle the search order. C-h k o

   o runs the command notmuch-search-toggle-order, which is an
   interactive compiled Lisp function in `notmuch.el'.

   It is bound to o.

   (notmuch-search-toggle-order)

   Toggle the current search order.

* Re: Search -- Display Recent Dates First
@ 2016-12-28  3:09   ` david wen riccardi-zhu
From: david wen riccardi-zhu @ 2016-12-28  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomas Nordin; +Cc: notmuch

Thank you very much, Tomas! Both are working for me now.

---
dwrz|朱为文