* buttonizing links in html parts (emacs)
@ 2012-03-08  2:29 Jameson Graef Rollins
       [not found] ` <m34ntxbgxi.fsf@zsu.kismala.com>
From: Jameson Graef Rollins @ 2012-03-08  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Notmuch Mail

Hey, folks.  I was wondering if anyone has a good solution for
buttonizing links in html parts of messages in the emacs UI.  By
default, some html-to-text converter converts the html part into text
that is rendered in the show buffer.  Unfortunately, links are lost.

I tried bremner's suggestion of using the mime-w3m (included in the
w3m-el Debian package) instead of my default (which I think was
html2text).  It is certainly a much fancier html-to-text converter, and
it does make links out of urls, but for some reason the links can only
be opened by hitting return on the link, and the resultant page is
opened in a w3m browser buffer.  I haven't yet figured out how to change
this behavior to what I want in a simple way.  I found a discussion on
the issue [0], but without a suitable solution.

Does anyone out there have a simple solution for this issue?  Or do we
need to invent something new?

jamie.

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2004-09/msg00145.html

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: buttonizing links in html parts (emacs)
       [not found] ` <m34ntxbgxi.fsf@zsu.kismala.com>
@ 2012-03-17 19:13   ` Jameson Graef Rollins
From: Jameson Graef Rollins @ 2012-03-17 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Istvan Marko, Jameson Graef Rollins