* Boomerang-like additions?
@ 2016-02-19 15:24 Stanislav Ochotnicky
From: Stanislav Ochotnicky @ 2016-02-19 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Heya folks,

I recently stumbled on http://www.boomeranggmail.com/

It does have some nifty features (like archiving email
until later point, or only if nobody replies until certain date). Some
of them seem like they should be fairly easy to script.

What I could imagine without too much issues:
 * Decide on tag format
   * start with boom
   * optional "only if no replies": _NR
   * date in format: _YYYYMMDD
   * optional time: _MMHH
 * a cron job looking at all threads with "boom" and deciding if it's
   time to return

I looked at archives and didn't find anything. Has anyone tried to do
this? I don't want to do NiH :-)

Business System Analyst, PnT DevOps PMO Team - Brno

PGP: 7B087241

* Re: Boomerang-like additions?
@ 2016-02-23 15:25 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2016-02-23 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanislav Ochotnicky, notmuch

Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@redhat.com> writes:

> Heya folks,
>
> I recently stumbled on http://www.boomeranggmail.com/
>
> It does have some nifty features (like archiving email
> until later point, or only if nobody replies until certain date). Some
> of them seem like they should be fairly easy to script.
>
> What I could imagine without too much issues:
>  * Decide on tag format
>    * start with boom
>    * optional "only if no replies": _NR
>    * date in format: _YYYYMMDD
>    * optional time: _MMHH
>  * a cron job looking at all threads with "boom" and deciding if it's
>    time to return
>
> I looked at archives and didn't find anything. Has anyone tried to do
> this? I don't want to do NiH :-)

It sounds related (although maybe not exactly the same as) "snoozing"
mail. That has been discussed on list a bit; "nevermore" includes an
implementation that could probably be borrowed, for example.