* [ANN] notmuch-labeler: Improves notmuch way of displaying labels
@ 2012-10-07 17:02 Damien Cassou
From: Damien Cassou @ 2012-10-07 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

I've just released the first version of notmuch-labeler. This package
improves notmuch way of displaying labels through fonts, pictures, and
hyperlinks.

By default notmuch presents email labels as plain text. This package
improves notmuch by lettings users choose how to present each label
(e.g., with a special font, with a picture, ...). Additionally, this
package transforms each label into an hyperlink to show all emails
with this label.

See screenshota and more at https://github.com/DamienCassou/notmuch-labeler

If there is interest, I can help integrate into notmuch itself.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

* Re: [ANN] notmuch-labeler: Improves notmuch way of displaying labels
@ 2012-10-12 17:07 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2012-10-12 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Cassou, notmuch

Damien Cassou <damien.cassou@gmail.com> writes:

> If there is interest, I can help integrate into notmuch itself.

Hi Damien;

It seeems like a nice UI enchancement, and people would not have to use
it if they didn't like it, so in principle I guess we should work
towards integrating it into notmuch upstream.

I'm not an elisp expert, but I did find it strange to use use defadvice
on your own code. Maybe I'm just too conservative.

At some point we should probably get a patch series against notmuch
mainline; I'll let other people comment on whether yes, now is the time
(and thereby volunteering to review the patches ;).

* Re: [ANN] notmuch-labeler: Improves notmuch way of displaying labels
@ 2012-10-24  7:43   ` Damien Cassou
From: Damien Cassou @ 2012-10-24  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
> It seeems like a nice UI enchancement, and people would not have to use
> it if they didn't like it, so in principle I guess we should work
> towards integrating it into notmuch upstream.

does anyone else agrees? Should I spend time on that or does nobody care?

> I'm not an elisp expert, but I did find it strange to use use defadvice
> on your own code. Maybe I'm just too conservative.

I let myself advise my own code only when no duplication is involved
and when the dependencies between the modules that contain the
function and its pieces of advice are well defined. I have no problem
using a different mechanism (such a function variable and calling
funcall) if integration into notmuch is desired but not defadvice.

> At some point we should probably get a patch series against notmuch
> mainline; I'll let other people comment on whether yes, now is the time
> (and thereby volunteering to review the patches ;).

Anyone interested in notmuch-labeler?
https://github.com/DamienCassou/notmuch-labeler (there are screenshots
there)

--

@ 2012-10-24 10:52     ` Dmitry Kurochkin
From: Dmitry Kurochkin @ 2012-10-24 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Cassou, David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

Hi Damien.

Damien Cassou <damien.cassou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
>> It seeems like a nice UI enchancement, and people would not have to use
>> it if they didn't like it, so in principle I guess we should work
>> towards integrating it into notmuch upstream.
>

> does anyone else agrees? Should I spend time on that or does nobody care?

I do agree!  Would be nice to have this feature integrated into notmuch.

Regards,
  Dmitry

@ 2012-10-24 18:34     ` James Vasile
From: James Vasile @ 2012-10-24 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)