all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* When can package be added to Guix?
@ 2024-01-13  2:09 martin via
From: martin via @ 2024-01-13  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

   Hello, I follow a cool project, PrivacyBrowser, by Soren Stoutner.

   I have been eagerly awaiting its inclusion in Guix, but for some reason
   it has stalled, and no response has been given to the developer. See
   chain here:

   Can anything be done?

   Thanks,
   mlampstaff

* Re: When can package be added to Guix?
@ 2024-01-14  4:59 Adam Faiz via
From: Adam Faiz via @ 2024-01-14  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlampstaff; +Cc: help-guix

Hi martin,
> Hello, I follow a cool project, PrivacyBrowser, by Soren Stoutner.

> I have been eagerly awaiting its inclusion in Guix, but for some reason it has stalled, and no response has been given to the developer. See chain here: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64408

> Can anything be done?

I think you should follow Clément Lassieur's suggestions in the link above, but I recommend web-browsers.scm as a more appropriate place than qt.scm for adding PrivacyBrowser.

Sometimes the developers forget about patches, so it's good to notify Guix committers by IRC or emailing the appropriate package team listed in etc/teams.scm.

@ 2024-01-14  9:20 ` Clément Lassieur
From: Clément Lassieur @ 2024-01-14  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Faiz via; +Cc: mlampstaff, Adam Faiz

On Sun, Jan 14 2024, Adam Faiz via wrote:

> Hi martin,
>> Hello, I follow a cool project, PrivacyBrowser, by Soren Stoutner.
>
>> I have been eagerly awaiting its inclusion in Guix, but for some reason it
>> has stalled, and no response has been given to the developer. See chain
>> here: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64408
>
>> Can anything be done?
>
> I think you should follow Clément Lassieur's suggestions in the link above, but I recommend web-browsers.scm as a more appropriate place than qt.scm for adding PrivacyBrowser.

Indeed, web-browser.scm sounds perfect.

> Sometimes the developers forget about patches, so it's good to notify Guix committers by IRC or emailing the appropriate package team listed in etc/teams.scm.

Exactly!

Thank you