all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* "Could not connect to wpa_supplicant: (nil) - re-trying" error when trying to start wpa-cli.
@ 2023-12-22 21:23 Oleander via
From: Oleander via @ 2023-12-22 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,
has anyone ever got this error when trying to start wpa_cli?

"Could not connect to wpa_supplicant: (nil) - re-trying"

My /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:

@example
ctrl_interface=/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
update_config=1

network={
ssid="my-ssid"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
psk="mypasswd"
}
@end example

the wpa supplicant service in my system.scm:

@example
(service wpa-supplicant-service-type
(wpa-supplicant-configuration
(config-file "/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf")
(interface "wlp1s0")))
@end example

After reconfiguring wpa supplicant is started and can connect to the specified network but I can't run wpa_cli.

Thank you