all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen@fastmail.net>
To: Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il>, guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: the upcoming Great Python2 Purge™
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 11:16:57 +0100	[thread overview]

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

> I checked 'guix refresh -l python2' and I got a list of the python2-*
> packages which are leaf packages. I'm not suggesting that we right now
> get rid of them, but it seems to me something worth keeping an eye on.

Please be careful with "leaf packages". The leaves of my software
dependency tree are in my home directory, not in Guix. But I depend on
Guix to supply most of the dependencies of these leaves.

In the case of Python, any package that provides a Python library API
should not be considered a leaf package.

Konrad.