all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#40926: spice-vdagent not scaling the display
@ 2020-04-28  8:30 camlriot
From: camlriot @ 2020-04-28  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 40926

Hi,
I have installed guix v1.1.0 as a guest OS using virt-manager. In the
misc. services section of the manual
http://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Miscellaneous-Services , it is
suggested to enable the spice-vdagent service. So, with help on irc chat
I added the two lines in my config.scm
(use-service modules ... spice)
(spice-vdagent-service) in the services list.

On rebooting with the newly configurated build, I'm able to use the
clipboard feature of spice, but the display does not scale on resizing
the window (I have checked the option - Autoresize VM with the window in
virt-manager).

Relevant Log:
localhost shepherd[1]: Service spice-vdagentd has been started.
localhost spice-vdagentd: GetSeats failed: The name
org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
localhost spice-vdagentd: (console-kit) seat: (null)
localhost spice-vdagentd: no session info, max 1 session agent allowed

* bug#40926: spice-vdagent not scaling the display
@ 2021-08-08  4:13 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2021-08-08  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: camlriot; +Cc: 40926

Hello,

camlriot@airmail.cc writes:

> Hi,
> I have installed guix v1.1.0 as a guest OS using virt-manager. In the
> misc. services section of the manual
> http://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Miscellaneous-Services , it is
> suggested to enable the spice-vdagent service. So, with help on irc
> chat I added the two lines in my config.scm
> (use-service modules ... spice)
> (spice-vdagent-service) in the services list.
>
> On rebooting with the newly configurated build, I'm able to use the
> clipboard feature of spice, but the display does not scale on resizing
> the window (I have checked the option - Autoresize VM with the window
> in virt-manager).
>
> Relevant Log:
> localhost shepherd[1]: Service spice-vdagentd has been started.
> localhost spice-vdagentd: GetSeats failed: The name
> org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
> localhost spice-vdagentd: (console-kit) seat: (null)
> localhost spice-vdagentd: no session info, max 1 session agent allowed

Which desktop environment were you using?  If it was Xfce, it's a known
bug [0], and there's not much we can do about.  It should work fine out
of the box for GNOME.

Thank you,

Maxim

[0]  https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/-/issues/142

* bug#40926: spice-vdagent not scaling the display
@ 2024-03-25  0:24   ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2024-03-25  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: camlriot; +Cc: 40926-done

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Which desktop environment were you using?  If it was Xfce, it's a known
> bug [0], and there's not much we can do about.  It should work fine out
> of the box for GNOME.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Maxim
>
> [0]  https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/-/issues/142

We haven't heard back; I assume the problem was the one above, which was
worked around in the Guix Xfce demo VM via the x-resize tool.

Closing.

Maxim