all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Seeking PHP "Hello World" project (or other simple example)
@ 2017-04-23 15:52 Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2017-04-23 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hi,

quite some time ago I [1] posted a patch for implementing a simple PHP
"Hello World" program, to be used for testing setups. Ludo argued about
using some example from somewhere else, instead of using a home-made
package. (I created this package because I did not find some external
project for such a simple example.)

Does anybody know some "Hello Wolrd" like PHP example project? It should
print some simple html page (preferable without leaking system
inforamation).

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-12/msg00330.html

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

* Re: Seeking PHP "Hello World" project (or other simple example)
@ 2017-06-20 23:41 ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-06-20 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Perhaps you can make such contribution directly to the official PHP
project? :)

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com

* Re: Seeking PHP "Hello World" project (or other simple example)
@ 2017-06-21  7:51   ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2017-06-21  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Am 21.06.2017 um 01:41 schrieb Adonay Felipe Nogueira:
> Perhaps you can make such contribution directly to the official PHP
> project? :)

Some PHP-guy should do. I give PHP a berth as wide as ever possible.

--

@ 2017-07-07 13:24     ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-07-07 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I also keep my distance from PHP. :)

Although I know very few about it, and have programmed in it in the
past, I prefer GNU Artanis, because it allows me to use Guile Scheme for
doing sites, for which I'm getting familiar with, although I didn't make
any website yet.

Also, various researches show that Guile Scheme is better for
server-side scripting because there is little drawback from loops. One
comparison can be seen by viewing the info page for GNU Serveez (which
is a multi-purpose server-creation-and-usage framework, which also
happens to provide an http server for use, although GNU Artanis is more
actively maintained (and perhaps more customizable? I don't know for
sure), but GNU Serveez is more easy to setup in my opinion).