all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* guix system reconfigure doesn't work, guix system: error: python-pep8
@ 2019-11-23 10:59 contact
From: contact @ 2019-11-23 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix :-)

On Guix System with Linux gnu 5.3.8-gnu #1 SMP 1 x86_64 GNU/Linux,when I
want 'guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm' it complains with: "guix
system: error: python-pep8-stdlib-tokenize-compat.patch : correctif
introuvable"

I have tried to launch again some guix pull, guix package -u but
whithout success...

How do I can resolve it ?

Thanks in advance, thank you so much for your nice work !

Cheers

Hubert

* Re: guix system reconfigure doesn't work, guix system: error: python-pep8
@ 2019-11-23 17:26 ` Oleg Pykhalov
From: Oleg Pykhalov @ 2019-11-23 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: contact; +Cc: help-guix

contact@hubert-lombard.website writes:

> I have tried to launch again some guix pull, guix package -u but
> whithout success...

Try ‘hash guix’ command after ‘guix pull’.  Also post a ‘guix describe’
output here, please.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: guix system reconfigure doesn't work, guix system: error: python-pep8
@ 2019-11-24  8:49   ` contact
From: contact @ 2019-11-24  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Pykhalov; +Cc: help-guix

Le 2019-11-23 17:26, Oleg Pykhalov a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> contact@hubert-lombard.website writes:
>
>> I have tried to launch again some guix pull, guix package -u but
>> whithout success...
>
> Try ‘hash guix’ command after ‘guix pull’.  Also post a ‘guix describe’
> output here, please.

Hi Oleg ;-)

Thank you, it has worked ! When I launched $ guix describe the
description was:

$ guix describe
Génération 39	23 nov. 2019 21:44:07	(actuelle)
   guix e8f8637
     URL du dépôt : https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branche: master
     commit : e8f863704549445aeace0226bd0028e15d0eec5b

Today, it's exactly the same description. I'm running Linux gnu
5.3.12-gnu :-)

After guix pull, the guix hash command has apparently been successfully
launched (no error message).

Then, when thinking to your suggestion to guix describe, I decided to '$
sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm' instead of '# guix system
reconfigure /etc/config.scm' (... which was not working) (Even after a
'$ guix hash') And it seems to work now...

Maybe, it was not a good practice to launch the reconfiguration always
under the root account. It was my case and I'll consider the sudo option
now.

Thanks again for your answer, which was concise and inspiring.

o/

Hubert