all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Speaking about Guix at NL-RSE 2019
@ 2019-11-14 19:59 Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-11-14 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I'm speaking about Guix at the Netherlands Research Software Engineers
Conference 2019 at Amsterdam on November 20 (next Wednesday).

https://nl-rse.org/events/NL-RSE19.html

I plan for the talk to be very basic and targeted at an audience new to
Guix. It will be similar to Ricardo's talk at FOSDEM 2017, but I will
mix and match stuff from Ludo's and other people's various talks as
well.

https://archive.fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/guixintroduction/

I'm travelling all the way from India. This is my first time to Europe,
and I might not travel to Europe again in a long time. I will be in
Amsterdam from November 19 to November 25. If anyone is around and would
like to meet, do contact me off list. All this is subject to my visa
being approved. I will likely know about that within the next 48 hours.

Thanks, and happy hacking! :-)

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Speaking about Guix at NL-RSE 2019
@ 2019-11-15  9:01 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2019-11-15  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac, guix-devel

Funny, I so happen to be around Amsterdam from the 21st till the 25th or
so.
Would be happy to meet up, let's keep in touch!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

@ 2019-11-15 11:32   ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-11-15 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: guix-devel

> Funny, I so happen to be around Amsterdam from the 21st till the 25th
> or so.  Would be happy to meet up, let's keep in touch!

Great, let's meet! :-)

Meanwhile, my visa has also been approved. So, I'm making this trip for
sure. :-)

@ 2019-11-17 20:44 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-11-17 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Arun,

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> skribis:

> I'm speaking about Guix at the Netherlands Research Software Engineers
> Conference 2019 at Amsterdam on November 20 (next Wednesday).
>
> https://nl-rse.org/events/NL-RSE19.html

Neat!

> I plan for the talk to be very basic and targeted at an audience new to
> Guix. It will be similar to Ricardo's talk at FOSDEM 2017, but I will
> mix and match stuff from Ludo's and other people's various talks as
> well.

Sure, take whatever you find useful from
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/talks/>.

In the context of this conference it probably makes sense to discuss
how Guix fits in the big picture of reproducible science (as in the
aramis-2019 and jcad-2018 sub-directories above, for example).

> I'm travelling all the way from India. This is my first time to Europe,
> and I might not travel to Europe again in a long time. I will be in
> Amsterdam from November 19 to November 25. If anyone is around and would
> like to meet, do contact me off list. All this is subject to my visa
> being approved. I will likely know about that within the next 48 hours.

I won’t be around unfortunately.  It’s a long way from India, but if you
have the possibility to come to Brussels in February for FOSDEM and for
the Guix Days, that’d be a good opportunity to meet many Guix!

Have a good trip & conference!

Ludo’.

* Re: Speaking about Guix at NL-RSE 2019
@ 2019-11-18 18:40   ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2019-11-18 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel