all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [guix_milan] Guix Milan first meetup
@ 2023-09-21 14:30 Andrea Rossi
From: Andrea Rossi @ 2023-09-21 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello to everybody,

* PREAMBLE / META

The Guix meetups in London and Paris call for a similar initiative in Milan.

We have followed the example of London and created a group on Mobilizon.fr:
https://mobilizon.fr/@guix_milan.

Then, in order to organise our first event, we decided to make two polls
to choose the date [1] and the place [2] with the people interested in
participating.

* THE ANNOUNCEMENT

An informal meeting for anyone interested in GNU Guix (and Guile). No
previous experience with Guix (or Guile) is required. Newcomers are welcome.

There is no specific agenda. The intention is for Guixers and potential
Guix users in Milan to get to know each other and put faces to names.
Join us for a hopefully pleasant evening!

If you have any questions, please contact us through Guix Devel mailing
list: https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/guix-devel/

We look forward to seeing you.

|<-- ITALIAN VERSION start...
/
Un incontro informale per chiunque sia interessato a GNU Guix (e Guile)
a Milano. Non è richiesta alcuna esperienza precedente con Guix (o
Guile). I nuovi arrivati sono i benvenuti.

Non c'è un ordine del giorno specifico. L'idea è semplicemente quella di
trovarci di persona e dare un volto ai nomi conosciuti in Rete.

Per qualsiasi domanda, contattaci attraverso la mailing list Guix Devel:

A presto!
/
...ITALIAN VERSION end -->|

[1] https://framadate.org/guix-milan-01-WHEN

[2] https://framadate.org/guix-milan-01-WHERE

Regards,
Andrea

--
Andrea Rossi

* Re: when? [guix_milan] Guix Milan first meetup
@ 2023-10-04  7:41 ` Giovanni Biscuolo
From: Giovanni Biscuolo @ 2023-10-04  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Rossi, guix-devel

Hi Andrea!

[versione italiana in calce]

Thank Andrea you for organizing this first meetup!

Andrea Rossi <andrea.rossi@softwareworkers.it> writes:

[...]

> Then, in order to organise our first event, we decided to make two polls
> to choose the date [1]

[...]

> [1] https://framadate.org/guix-milan-01-WHEN

The poll [1] got 4 votes until now and the most voted date is Oct Tue
10: can we close the poll and schedule the meeting plz?

[versione italiana]

Grazie Andrea dell'organizzazione di questo primo incontro!

Il sondaggio [1] ha ottenuto 4 voti e la data più votata è Martedì 10
Ottobre: possiamo chiudere il sondaggio e fissare la data dell'incontro
per favore?

Ciao! Gio'

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: when and where? [guix_milan] Guix Milan first meetup
@ 2023-10-04  9:52   ` Andrea Rossi
From: Andrea Rossi @ 2023-10-04  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel; +Cc: Giovanni Biscuolo

Hello everyone,

On 04/10/23 09:41, Giovanni Biscuolo wrote:
> Andrea Rossi <andrea.rossi@softwareworkers.it> writes:
> [...]
>> Then, in order to organise our first event, we decided to make two polls
>> to choose the date and the place
>
> The poll got 4 votes until now and the most voted date is Oct Tue
> 10: can we close the poll and schedule the meeting plz?

Yes, it is confirmed: the first Guix Milan meetup [1] will take place on
Tuesday 10th October at 18:30 at the LiQUIDO Rooftop Bar in Via Giovanni
Battista Pirelli 5, Milan.

> [versione italiana]
>
> [...]
> Il sondaggio ha ottenuto 4 voti e la data più votata è Martedì 10
> Ottobre: possiamo chiudere il sondaggio e fissare la data dell'incontro
> per favore?

Sì, è confermato: il primo incontro di Guix Milano [1] si terrà martedì
10 ottobre alle ore 18:30 presso il LiQUIDO Rooftop Bar in Via Giovanni
Battista Pirelli 5 a Milano.

Regards,
Andrea

[1] https://mobilizon.fr/events/92c351df-66bb-4e81-9180-6e8ceec60196

--
Andrea Rossi

* Re: [guix_milan] Guix Milan first meetup
@ 2023-10-09 13:45 ` Andrea Rossi
From: Andrea Rossi @ 2023-10-09 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder for tomorrow's Guix meetup at the
LiQuido Rooftop Bar.

Date: Tuesday, 10 October, 18:30 CEST
Location: iQ Hotel, via Giovanni Battista Pirelli 5 - Milan
Mobilizon page:
https://mobilizon.fr/events/92c351df-66bb-4e81-9180-6e8ceec60196

How to find us:
1. enter the iQ Hotel, via Giovanni Battista Pirelli 5 - Milan
2. take the lift (next to the reception) to the LiQuido Rooftop Bar
3. look for the table with the Guix logo on it

Kind regards,
Andrea

* Re: [guix_milan] Guix Milan first meetup
@ 2023-10-12 13:30 ` Andrea Rossi
From: Andrea Rossi @ 2023-10-12 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello everyone,

Here is a summary of the first Guix Milan meeting.

PARTICIPANTS

We were five participants:
- the two organisers
- one person reached through this mailing list
- one person from the Telegram group "Guix System Italia"
(https://t.me/guixsd_ita)
- one via personal email invitation

Another five people expressed interest but were unable to attend due to
concurrent commitments (four of whom received personal invitations).

CONTENTS

We did not set an agenda and let the conversation flow freely.
Starting from our respective uses of Guix, we touched on the tools used,
the differences to NixOS, reproducibility, the connection between Guix
and Software Heritage, the topic of "Trusting Trust" (to name a few).

PERSPECTIVES

The evening was pleasant and stimulating and we intend to continue the
meetings. We agreed to use this mailing list to coordinate the
activities of the group (using the subject tag [guix_milan]) and the
help-guix for help requests.

Kind regards,
Andrea