all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* FAQ: How to set up a guix development environment?
@ 2020-12-13 13:13 Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2020-12-13 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

for setting up a guix development environment, the manual recommends

    guix environment guix

Anyhow, this is not enough, since e.g "./preinst-env guix lint" will
fail with "TLS certificate error". Also

    guix environment guix --ad-hoc nss-certs

does not succeed, since SSL_CERT_DIR still need to be set up manually.

Currently I'm working around this by using shell-scripts, shih re
setting ups profiles and re-spawning the shell.

Anyhow. I'm seeking for a more elegant solution. Any ideas?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

* Re: FAQ: How to set up a guix development environment?
@ 2020-12-13 13:21 ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2020-12-13 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Goebel; +Cc: guix-devel

Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> for setting up a guix development environment, the manual recommends
>
>    guix environment guix
>
> Anyhow, this is not enough, since e.g "./preinst-env guix lint" will
> fail with "TLS certificate error". Also
>
>    guix environment guix --ad-hoc nss-certs
>
> does not succeed, since SSL_CERT_DIR still need to be set up manually.

I think if you add openssl to --ad-hoc along with nss-certs, then you
should get the search paths setup.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: FAQ: How to set up a guix development environment?
@ 2020-12-13 13:56   ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2020-12-13 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

Am 13.12.20 um 14:21 schrieb Christopher Baines:
> I think if you add openssl to --ad-hoc along with nss-certs, then you
> should get the search paths setup.

Thanks, this did the trick