all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to luks encrypt raid drive
@ 2024-01-01 19:32 mike via
From: mike via @ 2024-01-01 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Hi All,

In my system config file I added a raid drive like so:

(mapped-devices (list (mapped-device
(source (uuid
"205e5caa-694f-4457-a2a1-8affa3536e75"))
(target "guix")
(type luks-device-mapping))

(mapped-device
(source (list "/dev/sdb1" "/dev/sdc1"))
(target "/dev/md0")
(type raid-device-mapping))))

;; The list of file systems that get "mounted". The unique
;; file system identifiers there ("UUIDs") can be obtained
;; by running 'blkid' in a terminal.

(file-systems (cons* (file-system
(mount-point "/")
(device "/dev/mapper/guix")
(type "ext4")
(dependencies (list (list-ref mapped-devices 0))))

(file-system
(mount-point "/mnt/nas")
(device "/dev/md0")
(type "ext4")
(mount? #f)
(dependencies (list (list-ref mapped-devices 1)))) %base-file-systems)))

I'd now like to luks encrypt the raid drive but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing it. Do I simply make another mapped-device object, specifying the raid drive uuid and "/dev/md0" as the target

(mapped-device
(source (uuid
"raid uuid"))
(target "/dev/md0")
(type luks-device-mapping))

and then pass that as a dependency to the raid file system object?

Thanks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-01-04 20:06 UTC | newest]