all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Mesa vulkan layer path fix for core-updates
@ 2023-04-19 14:41 Kaelyn
From: Kaelyn @ 2023-04-19 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, Andreas Enge; +Cc: 59453@debbugs.gnu.org

Hi,

Some time back I mailed in https://issues.guix.gnu.org/59453 to fix an issue with the manifests for the vulkan layers that ship with mesa. Basically the error is that the manifests don't include the store path to the referenced libraries, only the file name. An example the error can be seen by running "vulkaninfo &| less", where this message is printed a few times:

ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : libVkLayer_MESA_device_select.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

While I know it is late in the process of preparing core-updates for merging into master, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to have the patch addressed prior to the merge? I just encountered the error message again after having a need to check vulkaninfo and it reminded me of the patch. (The vulkan-validationlayers package that was recently merged to master from staging includes a similar phase for fixing the layer object path in its layer manifest.)

Thanks,
Kaelyn