all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* DNS Requests Resolution When Use VPN
@ 2019-01-21 16:38 znavko
From: znavko @ 2019-01-21 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Guix

Hello, Guix Help! This is another popular how-to. I need your help.

When I use tor in Icecat, configured with 'network.proxy.socks_remote_dns true' as mentioned here https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Tor#Firefox <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Tor#Firefox>,
 my ISP does not block web-sites.

But if I disable tor and use VPN ISP does! It blocks web-sites, cause it sees my dns requests.

I want to solve this problem, cause I do not want my ISP saves and operates info about visited web-sites.

I've read Guix Manual '6.2.7.17 DNS Services' but I did not found dnscrypt service configuration there.

Would you be so kind to help me?

I am not using networkmanager. I use only wpa_supplicant and dhclient to connect wifi.

How to setup and configure service for secure dns request?