all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#63947: Bug when building ocaml-dune-build-info for ocaml5.0
@ 2023-06-07 15:55 Benjamin
From: Benjamin @ 2023-06-07 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 63947; +Cc: pukkamustard, Julien Lepiller

Hello,

While trying to work with guix and add the ocaml-lsp-server for
ocaml@5.0 I think I faced a bug.

I did not find the root cause, but I think this is due to the fact of
using a combination of (inherit) and (package-with-ocaml5.0).

Here is a minimal example to reproduce the bug :

---
(use-modules
  (gnu packages ocaml)
  (guix build-system ocaml))

;ocaml-dune-build-info
(package-with-ocaml5.0 ocaml-dune-build-info)
---

Building the commented default version will create the expected package
in /gnu/store/...ocaml-dune-build-info

While building the ocaml5.0 version will build /gnu/store/...ocaml5.0-dune

I do not exactly know in which direction I should search to fix this
issue but there might be a bug in "package-with-ocaml5.0" function

Is this really a bug ? Or I did not use properly the
package-withocaml5.0 function.

Thanks

Benjamin