all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* failed to load module whith ./pre-inst-env build !
@ 2018-12-21  9:09 Guy fleury
From: Guy fleury @ 2018-12-21  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

hi guix,

i have to build package whith this commande:

sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild &

./pre-inst-env guix build hello

and i get this error:
guy@guixSd ~/guix/guix2$ ./pre-inst-env guix build hello
accepted connection from pid 838, user guy
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages abiword)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: bsd-2
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages android)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: googletest
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages antivirus)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: bzip2
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages avr)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: binutils
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages axoloti)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gcc-4.9
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages bioconductor)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: perl-module-build
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages bootloaders)':
no binding `bc' in module (gnu packages algebra)
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages chemistry)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: python2-numpy
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages commencement)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gnu-make
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages debug)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gnu-make
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages display-managers)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gpgme
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages games)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: python
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages image-viewers)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: curl
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages kodi)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: libdvdnav
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages license)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: perl
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages make-bootstrap)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: coreutils
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages maven)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: java-plexus-container-default
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages syndication)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: curl
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages unrtf)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: coreutils
guix build: error: hello: unknown package
guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 0.16.0-4.60b0402

any idea?

guy fleury,

* Re: failed to load module whith ./pre-inst-env build !
@ 2018-12-21  9:37 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-12-21  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guy fleury; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

> i have to build package whith this commande:
>
> sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild &
>
> ./pre-inst-env guix build hello

You are using Guix from a git checkout.  Has this checkout been
modified?

--
Ricardo

* Re: failed to load module whith ./pre-inst-env build !
@ 2018-12-21  9:47   ` Guy fleury
From: Guy fleury @ 2018-12-21  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: help-guix

Yes i have modified the checkout!

@ 2018-12-21  9:49 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2018-12-21  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guy fleury; +Cc: help-guix

Hello Guy,

Guy fleury <hoonandon@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. dec. 21., P, 10:17):

> hi guix,
>
> i have to build package whith this commande:
>
> sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild &
>
> ./pre-inst-env guix build hello

this is using the checkout in the current directory. I guess it is
modified. Most probably there is a syntax error somewhere,
usually I see these kind of messages then. Missing parenthesis
are one prominent thing here.

> and i get this error:
> guy@guixSd ~/guix/guix2$ ./pre-inst-env guix build hello
> accepted connection from pid 838, user guy
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages abiword)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: bsd-2
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages android)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: googletest
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages antivirus)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: bzip2
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages avr)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: binutils
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages axoloti)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gcc-4.9
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages bioconductor)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: perl-module-build
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages bootloaders)':
> no binding `bc' in module (gnu packages algebra)
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages chemistry)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: python2-numpy
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages commencement)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gnu-make
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages debug)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gnu-make
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages display-managers)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gpgme
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages games)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: python
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages image-viewers)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: curl
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages kodi)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: libdvdnav
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages license)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: perl
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages make-bootstrap)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: coreutils
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages maven)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: java-plexus-container-default
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages syndication)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: curl
> guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages unrtf)':
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: coreutils
> guix build: error: hello: unknown package
> guix --version
> guix (GNU Guix) 0.16.0-4.60b0402
>
> any idea?
>
> guy fleury,

g_bor

* Re: failed to load module whith ./pre-inst-env build !
@ 2018-12-21 10:00   ` Guy fleury
From: Guy fleury @ 2018-12-21 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: help-guix