all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* guix offloading fails to register GC root
@ 2016-06-20  2:22 Ethan J
From: Ethan J @ 2016-06-20  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I was trying to use the guix offloading capability to offloading building
of packages from my laptop to a more power server. After fighting with lsh
to get ssh working [1], I ran into this error while running guix build -i
hello http://paste.lisp.org/display/318673 I have a feeling it might be
related to the patched bug
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?msg=10;bug=18115

Thanks in advance.

* Re: guix offloading fails to register GC root
@ 2016-06-20  7:15 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-06-20  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ethan J; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

Ethan J <doubleplusgood23@gmail.com> skribis:

> I was trying to use the guix offloading capability to offloading building
> of packages from my laptop to a more power server. After fighting with lsh
> to get ssh working [1], I ran into this error while running guix build -i
> hello http://paste.lisp.org/display/318673

This:

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
ERROR: no code for module (guix config)

… indicates that the Guix modules are not in ‘GUILE_LOAD_PATH’ on the
build machine.  The manual hints at it, though I admit it leaves sorting
out the details as an exercise to the user (see
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Daemon-Offload-Setup.html>):

     The ‘guix’ command must be in the search path on the build machines,
  since offloading works by invoking the ‘guix archive’ and ‘guix build’
  commands.  In addition, the Guix modules must be in ‘$GUILE_LOAD_PATH’
  on the build machine—you can check whether this is the case by running:

       lsh build-machine guile -c "'(use-modules (guix config))'"

Could you check ~/.bash_profile or ~/.profile on the target machine and
make sure that it sets ‘GUILE_LOAD_PATH’ and ‘GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH’
appropriately?

HTH,
Ludo’.

* Re: guix offloading fails to register GC root
@ 2016-06-20 21:01   ` Ethan J
From: Ethan J @ 2016-06-20 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: help-guix

Ah, I see. I'll fix that then.