all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* postgres service
@ 2017-03-09 18:21 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-03-09 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I added a postgresql service to the list of my services, like this

(services (cons* (postgresql-service #:locale "it_IT.UTF-8")
                (gnome-desktop-service)
                (xfce-desktop-service)
                  %desktop-services))

This is an excerpt of the "guix system reconfigure etc/config.scm" log

creating collations ... sh: locale: command not found
ok
No usable system locales were found.
Use the option "--debug" to see details.
shepherd: Service user-homes could not be started.

So, there's no "locale" command and the service user-homes could not be
started

How worried should I be ?

* Re: postgres service
@ 2017-03-14 16:17 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-03-14 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: help-guix

Hello!

Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> skribis:

> I added a postgresql service to the list of my services, like this
>
> (services (cons* (postgresql-service #:locale "it_IT.UTF-8")
>                 (gnome-desktop-service)
>                 (xfce-desktop-service)
>                   %desktop-services))
>
> This is an excerpt of the "guix system reconfigure etc/config.scm" log

> creating collations ... sh: locale: command not found
> ok
> No usable system locales were found.
> Use the option "--debug" to see details.

It looks like the ‘initdb’ attempts to invoke the ‘locale’ command (from
glibc), which it cannot find here.  If this is correct, then we should
add ‘locale’ to the PATH when invoking ‘initdb’.

Christopher: WDYT?

* Re: postgres service
@ 2017-04-23  6:50   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-04-23  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)